DVDVR Message Board

ENZO AMORE IS MOST LIKELY A PIECE OF SHIT

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I assume the same UK promoters who book Bram will book Enzo

Assuming his passport isn't already flagged before he turns into the Roman Polanski of the Pro Wrestling world and makes a living working in the indies of European countries with sketchy extradition agreements with the US.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Assuming his passport isn't already flagged before he turns into the Roman Polanski of the Pro Wrestling world and makes a living working in the indies of European countries with sketchy extradition agreements with the US.

Worst remake of Mr. Baseball ever. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, (BP) said:

Worst remake of Mr. Baseball ever. 

I would still enjoy the Here Is Where Rampage Kicks You In The Face part of Enzo's WCPW debut as long as Enzo wasn't booked for a screwjob win finish.

I've avoided this topic as it's too easy to be judgemental and draw a line in the sand without the full facts but the dipshit accuser confirmed the txt exchange posted a few pages back. If you say you "fucked" "their friend" and that "Believe it or not b---h it happened & I'm laying in bed next to a famous wrestler." then any and all credibility (which her character seemed to lack from the get go) has gone out of the window and it reeks of someone doing something and regretting their actions after. If you say you fucked someone, that implies you were active and in charge. She has since said the txt were taken out of context which is an odd retort. The rape could have happened after the txt exchange of course, but the whole bunch of em are scumbags IMO, accuser and accused.

• Like 1

Maffew Botchamania posted a neat laundry list of title disputes/firings/strippings on Facebook, just to add to that conversation. 

Spoiler

With the recent Enzo development, he joins a select club of wrestlers fired/released while holding a title.

-Ric Flair had disagreements with Jim Herd in 1991 who demanded he take a pay-cut and change his gimmick. Flair refused and was fired while still WCW World Heavyweight Champion. Herd refused to pay Flair the champion's deposit of $25,000 (to ensure situations like this didn't happen) so Flair took the actual title with him to WWF.

-Alundra Blayze was WWF Women's Champion in 1995 when she was released from her contract as part of cost-cutting measures. Apparently no-one bothered to ask for the title back so she showed up to Nitro with it at Bischoff's request.

Not Quite The Same But Worth A Mention:

-Mike Awesome signed for WCW while ECW Champion, claiming Heyman hadn't paid him. After a small legal battle to ensure the title never appeared on WCW TV, Awesome lost the title to WWF's employee Tazz at a ECW house show.

-Chris Benoit was already leaving WCW (and was somehow granted an immediate release) but Kevin Sullivan decided to put the title on him anyway at Souled Out 2000. Title was vacated next night on Nitro when a replay showed Sid's leg under the rope.

-Chyna had her last match with WWF at Judgement Day 2001 against Lita then shortly left afterwards while WWF Women's Champion. Title was vacated and decided in a multi-women match at Survivor Series.

-Meng was on a weekly deal with WCW in 2001 when he won the Hardcore Title at Sin. A week later he showed up at the Royal Rumble as Haku, thus killing the hardcore division (that was a week away from dying like the rest of WCW)

-Jeff Jarrett's contract expired on October 16, 1999, one day before his scheduled match with Chyna at No Mercy. Jarrett wrestled at No Mercy nonetheless, losing the Intercontinental Championship to Chyna. Jarrett allegedly extorted WWF Chairman Vince McMahon for $300,000 in order to wrestle without a contract, Jarrett claims the amount was simply money he was owed.

-Stan Hansen won the AWA Title in 1985 and was told he'd be allowed to take the title to Japan for his upcoming tour of AJPW. However Verne Gagne told him he'd be losing to Nick Bockwinkel, Hansen asked AJPW owner Giant Baba what to do and he told him to bring the title as the champ had been advertised. Hansen took the title despite Gagne announcing he'd been stripped of it. Stan continued to defend it until Gagne demanded it back, so Hansen drove his truck over the title and sent it back Third Class Bulk Mail back to Gagne.

edit: On August 29, Devon, still the reigning TNA Television Champion, announced that he had parted ways with TNA, after his contract with the promotion had expired the previous day and the two could not come to terms on a new one. With Devon still being recognized as the TNA Television Champion, on September 15, 2012, he became the longest reigning champion in the title's history, beating Eric Young's record of 180 days as champion. On September 26, TNA officially stripped Devon of the Television Championship, ending his reign at 192 days. (thanks Jonathan Carr)

-After making an appearance for TNA, ROH severed its ties with Kenny King on July 5 and five days later officially stripped him and Titus of the ROH World Tag Team Championship (thanks Stephen James Sutton)

-David Starr & Shane Strickland had the wXw Tag Titles stripped when Strickland parted ways with the German company over something nobody talks about.

-On July 15, NJPW announced Lesnar would not return to defend his IWGP Heavyweight Championship due to "visa issues" and had been stripped of the title. A tournament was held on July 16 to determine the new champion which was won by Hiroshi Tanahashi. Lesnar continued to possess the physical IWGP Heavyweight Championship belt until late June 2007.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

it reeks of someone doing something and regretting their actions after. If you say you fucked someone, that implies you were active and in charge. 

The thing is, assume she's on the up and up here for a moment. In that situation, she's been put through a psychological trauma and then all bets are off regarding how she might act in the immediate aftermath. I don't think this txt exchange really tells us anything very much.

• Like 2

Exactly.  When I was assaulted a little over a year ago, I tried to play it off as "getting lucky with a hot woman" to friends.  Matt D got a somewhat more truthful version of events, although even then I painted it as me betraying *her* trust, not her assaulting me.

• Like 1

It's really a bit disgusting how people are so sold on the "I had consensual sex that I'm now regretting and/or trying to exploit" narrative that abusers use to gaslight their victims that that really seems like something an actual human being is more likely to do rather than try to downplay a traumatic experience in the immediate aftermath.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

It's really a bit disgusting how people are so sold on the "I had consensual sex that I'm now regretting and/or trying to exploit" narrative that abusers use to gaslight their victims that that really seems like something an actual human being is more likely to do rather than try to downplay a traumatic experience in the immediate aftermath.

I mean, being here in Atlanta, the case of Brian Banks looms in my mind. I'm not saying that's what happened, but this girl has done herself no favors in how she behaved before or after the alleged incident. "Buyer's remorse" shouldn't be a thing that our mind goes to, but it does happen....

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

There are reasons why survivors often don't come forward. In this thread, you will find a few examples.

That's why I say just let the police do their job.  There's not much for us to gain by speculating over texts and shit.  That said,  I don't think anyone disagrees now that he had to go right?  Whether guilty or not,  he didn't tell them he was under investigation and this was the latest thing in a long line of issues they've had with him.  Even if he's cleared, I don't think they should bring him back.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

That's why I say just let the police do their job.  There's not much for us to gain by speculating over texts and shit.  That said,  I don't think anyone disagrees now that he had to go right?  Whether guilty or not,  he didn't tell them he was under investigation and this was the latest thing in a long line of issues they've had with him.  Even if he's cleared, I don't think they should bring him back.  

Yes. He absolutely had to go, given the later information.

If he's cleared, and if he stays out of trouble, and if they see signs he grown up a couple years from now... Then maybe they can consider bringing him back, but there are a lot of really big ifs there.

I doubt he'll even go back if given the chance, since Da Meltz has revealed that Enzo was planning on leaving WWE anyway to pursue a career in rap. And before anyone balks at that - just remember that "Gucci Gang" by Lil' Pump has 468 million views on YouTube.

• Haha 1