DVDVR Message Board

ENZO AMORE IS MOST LIKELY A PIECE OF SHIT

I couldn't begin to count the number of people over the years we've seen in behind the scenes clips or press material be 100% more charismatic than they appear on television and someone says, "If only ______ was allowed to be like that on the actual shows." 

Enzo made the most of his spot and got it over, but it only seemed novel because of the way most of the roster is presented now.

Disregarding that he's not good in the ring and is apparently a wretched person, I'm still not convinced that this was a lightning in a bottle scenario.

2 hours ago, Rick said:

Yeah denying Enzo wasn't this charismatic juggernaut hardly seen since the heyday of the attitude era is plain dumb

Not sure I'd go THAT far...

2 hours ago, (BP) said:

I couldn't begin to count the number of people over the years we've seen in behind the scenes clips or press material be 100% more charismatic than they appear on television and someone says, "If only ______ was allowed to be like that on the actual shows." 

Enzo made the most of his spot and got it over, but it only seemed novel because of the way most of the roster is presented now.

Disregarding that he's not good in the ring and is apparently a wretched person, I'm still not convinced that this was a lightning in a bottle scenario.

I entirely agree that there have been any number of talents who can be more charismatic then they've shown. Think of pre-New Day Big E.

But the relative infrequency of such who've been able to thrive in WWE's overly-scripted main roster can't be ignored.

• Like 1

WWE demoted Enzo to 205 Live and gave him a chance to be humble. Dude learned nothing.

Dude destroyed his own career within two years. He went from a mega over WWE debut to fired for not informing his company of a police investigation.

Good riddance. 

• Like 3

You can't admire someone else or put them on a pedestal like that. It's like Matthew McConaughey says, be your own hero. Man, McConaughey really turned his career around and seems to have a great balanced family life, which is rare for...aww shit. 

• Like 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To the surprise of no one - Mike Johnson said that he has been contacted by 5 indie promoters already wanting Enzo's contact info so they can book him

The question is "which indies so I know not to buy any of their shows".

7 hours ago, Cristobal said:

Not sure I'd go THAT far...

I entirely agree that there have been any number of talents who can be more charismatic then they've shown. Think of pre-New Day Big E.

But the relative infrequency of such who've been able to thrive in WWE's overly-scripted main roster can't be ignored.

Exchange able with allowed.

If you are not supposed to get over on the main roster you get punished.

Which makes this whole Enzo and 205 thing even more mind boggling.  He went from being buried for being a problem to face of the division and now fired.  I would love to know what everyone in the room thinks, not of Enzo, but the whole 205 situation.

From the article Rippa posted, this is an indication of NXT and WWE being on two different sheets of paper and not understanding social media.  Well, don't get over unless you are told to get over.

"Sources indicated that there had been a number of issues previously with Amore's behind the scenes conduct, including the company being unhappy that he had gone on social media to mock Big Cass' legitimate injury when he hadn't been instructed to do so last year as well as the well-known situation in Europe where he was thrown off a tour bus for, allegedly, being loud and not letting talents sleep in the middle of the night even after he was asked repeatedly to quiet down.  "

Yeah, mocking the injury is wrong but the fact that they mention that you have to have permission stands out to me.  

7 minutes ago, kafkonia said:

Making him champ on the afterthought show seems like a good way to keep him visible but keep him far away from anything important.

Meltzer thought they put him on 205 to prop up the show while teaching Enzo a lesson by letting his merch sales take a big hit.

If that was Vince's intent, that second part didn't work out so well.

I think y'all are right with both statements.  I don't think Enzo was that special but he did have talent on the microphone and it led to pushing a lot of merch.   On the other hand, there are dudes like Rusev who are more talented than Enzo,  gold on the microphone AND good wrestlers..   and haven't received the same opportunities as Enzo did. 

• Like 1

Marty dropped the belt months before he left iirc.

Putting aside this horribleness for a second, Enzo is an example of how much WWE missed the boat by getting rid of managers. A guy who is great on the mic, naturally hateable, dripping with charisma, trained but still kinda terrible in the ring? Why the hell wouldn't you try to make him the 21st century Heenan?

Not that it matters now.

13 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

I'm pretty sure the only living public figures it's still safe to like these days are Terry Crews and Dolly Parton.

Keanu Reeves; like seriously, I don't remember ever hearing anything bad about his personal life. (... I don't want any of you bursting my bubble!)

I can't wait for 3 months down the line for a new epic signing to the Owl Network.