DVDVR Message Board

2017 ROYAL RUMBLE POST SHOW DISCUSSION

RIPPA

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm beyond puzzled at Joe's total lack of use this weekend. He's a face in the crowd during Takeover since he didn't have a match, so you'd think he would be in the Rumble, and he wasn't there either. 

Maybe they don't have any plans to use him on the main roster.  Seems to be the perfect opportunity to debut him. 

1 minute ago, Charlie M. said:

Meltzer's speculation is Cena vs Joe at Mania without it being a title match so it makes no sense for Joe to have debuted and lost in the Rumble. He'll probably show up on Tuesday or at the next PPV. Dave's predicted Mania card is looking pretty accurate after tonight so I gotta lean towards him having good info this year.

Joe helps AJ?

3 minutes ago, steve said:

I LIKE JOE TOO

Having said that, I tend to think this board over-estimates Joe's standing in the company jussssst a tad sometimes.

Unless Joe was winning, there was literally nothing he could have done at #30 that would have justified the spot.  He might have eliminated Undertaker, but then what?  He would have looked like a total nobody being tossed by anyone who was left.  

Taker has reached the level of Giant Baba circa 1997. Guys are just pinballing around for his terrible offense. His gut looked huge! As far as the Taker elimination went, I didn't see it as Reigns heel turn based on Corey's comment about Reigns being the new dog in the yard. Their match will be a battle for RESPECT. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RolandTHTG said:

Are you really gonna run the same finish of the face getting screwed out of the title match by unexpected heel run in twice on the same show though?

I will admit I thought because AJ-Cena wasn't ending the show it tipped off AJ winning because that's booking 101. Nope. 

Just now, Josh Mann said:

You wanna say that match books itself, but it's not a mortal lock. 

Goldberg beat Lesnar in less than 2 minutes, eliminated him from the Rumble... and you think Owens is going to beat Goldberg, somehow? Goldberg is taking the title at Fastlane, and is going to lose it to Lesnar at WrestleMania. That's just how it's going to be.

Just now, Casey said:

Goldberg beat Lesnar in less than 2 minutes, eliminated him from the Rumble... and you think Owens is going to beat Goldberg, somehow? Goldberg is taking the title at Fastlane, and is going to lose it to Lesnar at WrestleMania. That's just how it's going to be.

Or Brock cost the match for Goldberg vs Owens.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

No, logic would dictate a pissed off Lesnar costs him the title and that's how KO squeaks by. 

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Ellsworth should have at least come out in his new clothes from Smackdown. Where's the continuity?

He really should have clarified with Dean if it was 1-2-go, or 1-2-3-go. 

That and Graves salivating over Enzo's imminent death were the two funniest parts of the rumble. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

No, logic would dictate a pissed off Lesnar costs him the title and that's how KO squeaks by. 

I'm sorry but I don't see Kevin Owens going over Goldberg in a title match, no matter how it happens. And we're talking about logic and WWE in the same breath? C'mon.

5 minutes ago, Josh Mann said:

He really should have clarified with Dean if it was 1-2-go, or 1-2-3-go. 

That and Graves salivating over Enzo's imminent death were the two funniest parts of the rumble. 

After Ellsworth came out, I would have had Rollins come and pay off Ellsworth for his spot. Shouldn't Rollins have been so angry that he'd try anything to get back in the rumble?

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

I'm sorry but I don't see Kevin Owens going over Goldberg in a title match, no matter how it happens. And we're talking about logic and WWE in the same breath? C'mon.

They're not going to put the title back on Brock just for him to take another 4 month vacation like last time.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

After Ellsworth came out, I would have had Rollins come and pay off Ellsworth for his spot. Shouldn't Rollins have been do angry that he'd try anything to get back in the rumble?

They totally blew a magical moment where when Tye and Sami had Strowman halfway out, James should have been the one to yank him out from the outside.  And since Strowman wasn't winning, there was no reason not to do that.  But no, Ellsworth just vanished during that.

• Like 12