DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

A couple of things bugged me a tiny bit about Tywin's death:

1) I feel like they made him look needlessly weak in the scene with Cersei.  I had never even considered the possibility that Tywin didn't know about Jaime and Cersei.  I always just assumed that his analytical brain didn't care one way or the other.  That he was all about the game and wouldn't be shaken by something like that. But all of the sudden he was a trembling vulnerable prig.

2) He was so fucking cool and collected it seemed kind of dumb that he would clumsily utter the word "whore" again.  Like, he would have known when Tyrion said that he was giving him a level and seeing if he would pull it.  I mean I loved how he immediately tried to control the situation and never betrayed for a moment that he might be afraid.  It was masterful...and then such a stupid thing right at the end.

Farewell, giant toothy Pirlo.

A last tribute:

CUNT OFF, YOU BUNCH OF CUNTING CUNTS! YOU COULDN'T CUNT YOUR WAY OUT OF A BAGFULL OF CUNTS IF YOU HAD A CUNT MAP TO CUNTSVILLE UP YOUR CUNT FROM THE CUNTING CUNT KING HIMSELF!

I'll love you forever.

• Like 1

1) I feel like they made him look needlessly weak in the scene with Cersei.  I had never even considered the possibility that Tywin didn't know about Jaime and Cersei.  I always just assumed that his analytical brain didn't care one way or the other.  That he was all about the game and wouldn't be shaken by something like that. But all of the sudden he was a trembling vulnerable prig.

2) He was so fucking cool and collected it seemed kind of dumb that he would clumsily utter the word "whore" again.  Like, he would have known when Tyrion said that he was giving him a level and seeing if he would pull it.  I mean I loved how he immediately tried to control the situation and never betrayed for a moment that he might be afraid.  It was masterful...and then such a stupid thing right at the end.

I felt the exact same way. It was a weird finale for me.

GOOD:

MOTHERFUCKING STANNIS THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE KING

Brienne and Hound get on swimmingly 

Ciaran Hinds

Jojen Reed dies

Dany finally understands that she ain't Mother Theresa

Tyrion stays alive

THE FUCKING Mountain is about to turn into a bigger monster

Bad

So we lose a kid and add another one. A magic one at that.

No Littlefinger being devious

WHY MUST YOU LEAVE THE HOUND TO DIE!!

You know Dany is going to dust off the dragons and get more (innocent) people/things killed. I still not sure why she is still in Mereen.

Brienne just figured out she didn't have a logical explanation for the Lannister relationship

Tywin died on the shitter and in denial his kids were fucking all along

Brienne just figured out she didn't have a logical explanation for the Lannister relationship

I think she could have done a better job explaining that.  It was one of those things where two people I adore kept saying all the wrong things.  She should have said something like:

"She commanded me to take Jaimie Lannister to King's landing to trade for her two daughters!"

"Blah Blah Blah Lannister"

"When I got there Sansa was gone and Arya thought dead, so they paid me off with this sword and I went looking for Sansa to bring her home."

fight avoided?  Hound not dead?  In my fantasy booking tonight that's what happened....and they all became the bad-assest family ever and formed a village of justice with a mayor named Tortimer.

I love how for awhile the fight had music to it, like noble battle music while they were sort of fighting knight-like.  And then when The Hound said "I'm not a fucking cunting knight" [edited to add what should have been there] and it got all primal and brutal and just pure animal screaming biting blood death, the music stopped and it was just mud and blood and silence and ugly fucking clawing cunting murderer on murderer.

Fuck yeah.

I'm kind of curious to know if there's any guide or rules for how to deal with dragons.  Like, does Deanerys have some family guide book that tells you what to do and what not to do?  None of her advisers would have been involved with any of that even during the Targearyan reign.

I mean, they mention that they used dragons to, like, destroy Harrenhall. Can we get a Supremebve post up in here?

It's so weird that her trusted advisors never really brought up the concept of collateral damage unless it was done offscreen.

OH SHIT WE BURNING THE KIDS UP! 

This storyline reminds of the Fidel miniseries from several years back where Fidel Castro takes over Cuba from Batista and tries to make everyone farmers without knowing how shitty the weather/soil can be. Or oh yeah, not everyone can fucking farm.

This storyline reminds of the Fidel miniseries from several years back where Fidel Castro takes over Cuba from Batista and tries to make everyone farmers without knowing how shitty the weather/soil can be. Or oh yeah, not everyone can fucking farm.

Are you sure you're not thinking of BANANAS?

• Like 1

I was weirdly rooting for Tywin to make it out of that confrontation alive because he's so awesome but it was nice for Tyrion to get his payback for all the bullshit he's put up with for who knows how many years.

Varys was like all smug "yeah - I pulled this off.. Tyrion is free bitches" and then the bells start going off they found Tywin dead and he's quickly "Um you got room for another on this ship?" That was great.

I did not expect to see Stannis roll in like that. I didn't do a great job of following that story. I know they discussed going north last season but I don't really get how they went from home to the bank to the north...  Also, no Boltons are witnessing this shit?

Question for FSW (and any other Unsullied), who are the three characters you think are most likely to die in season 4? This is an honest question and I promise no snarky, spoiler-y hinting at whether or not your guesses are right.

If I just confine myself to people who have been there all along and not any of the new people who are suddenly important since the Reed Wedding. 

I'm not saying all three.  But, like in order of most to least likely, one of them will:

Jorah - seems suddenly rather expendable and this seems like a big turning point season for Danearys. Maybe a way to really force us to ask whether we still believe in her would be to have her kill Jorah for some reason of convenience.

Brienne - They have to keep fucking with Jaime, right?

either Tywin or Joffrey - It's time to shakeup King's Landing.  Tywin would do the most to throw things into utter chaos but it has to be time, right for Joffrey, right?  It has to be.

There is a little voice in my head that says "You know it's going to be Tyrion, right, you sad mope?"  But I won't listen to that shit.  Nope.

1-3

Question for FSW (and any other Unsullied), who are the three characters you think are most likely to die in season 4? This is an honest question and I promise no snarky, spoiler-y hinting at whether or not your guesses are right.

Nobody is safe. I'll go with the two Stark girls and Joffrey.

1-3

I'll take a stab and say -

Tywin. He seems to be the only one that can keep Joffrey under some sort of control. If he dies then I think we will see Joffrey go totally bonkers while Cersei and Jamie are helpless to stop him.

Sansa/Shae. Possibly as a catlyst/revenge for Tywin's death. Cersei sees she is losing control and lashes out at someone she knows she can hurt. Shae can't be kept be hidden forever.

Cersei. She seems to be heading toward a pretty tragic end. I could see her commiting suicide after killing Sansa/Shae knowing that Tywin is dead, Tyrion and Joffrey couldn't really care less about her, her other children have been married off and Jamie has become a totally new person in his time away.

So Tywin dies from... something. Joffrey goes power mad knowing that no-one has the guts to stop him. Cersei lashes out killing Sansa/Shae and then, realising she is totally alone in the world she kills herself.

1.5/3

I would guess the following myself and realize that I am probably way off with these:

Joffrey: With all of the power plays going on around him combined with the Royal Wedding, now just seems like the time where he actually meets his demise.

Sir Davos: He has barely escaped the claws of death multiple times throughout this series already, so I can see that finally coming at the end of this season.

Brienne: I think her involvement with Jaime might finally mean her demise.

1-3

We will revisit this question before the start of season 5.

• Like 1

That might be the best finale of the series yet. Usually the finale is just everyone talking about what happened in episode 8 or 9. This one had some real deal shit happen. Hound is left for dead. The dragons are locked up. Stannis did something finally worth remembering him for. Bran reaches his destination. Arya gets on the boat to Bravos... and Tyrion kills some mother fuckers. 

Significant deaths that nobody above predicted: Lady Arryn, Ygritte, and seemingly the Hound.  Oberyn doesn't count since he only debuted this season.  I guess Karl "Gin Alley" Tanner and Jojen Reed are kind of significant.  Any others?

Brienne and Sansa were the most popular picks who survived.

I'm

1) Glad the Hound didn't die ofAFUCJINGINFIEIITOINTOI TFCKTHISHSOW and got a proper fucking fight.

2) Really oddly upset at Arya being an utter sociopath to the guy.  Like her revenge on The Hound was to, for just a tiny sliver of time, lull him into letting his guard down and believing he had a purpose and that there was something in the world worth believing in...that little look in his eyes when he said he was "looking out for her." and then she took his last hours on earth to teach him that "No, there isn't...enjoy your excruciating pain."

Guys, I don't know if I like her much anymore.  I mean, she fits into the world she lives in really well, but she's not exactly a figure that evokes either sympathy or admiration anymore.  Which is kind of cool, since it's so easy to go that way with the girl...and they've decided instead to turn that upside down and play against all that.

But, you know, she's still kind of an asshole.

It was more Arya taking everything she was taught by the Hound to heart including the cruelty he showed on their journey together. That last act of goodness by him wasn't enough to override all the other crap to her. I still love Arya, but I have to admit maybe a little less now. At the same time I love that GRR actually did that as anyone else would have given the mercy kill.

It wasn't so much that he didn't know so much as he was in denial and then had it thrown completely in his face. His moment of weakness was more from realizing Cersei was completely ready to burn the house down and did not give a shit.

It was arrogance plain and simple. Tywin has always had it, but it especially shows when dealing with his children because up until that earlier moment with Cersei and his death he always thought he was winning whatever game he was playing against them. Keep in mind this is the man who talked shit about his dead grandson being a shitty king to his youngest grandson right in front of the grieving mother.

Oh and I loved how Varys reacted to everything going down. I see some talking about him realizing he's fucked, but I think it wasn't so much that as realizing the kingdom was fucked. Varys was always about stabilization. Tywin was a monster, but he kept the trains on time. With him gone Varys knows Cersei is the power in the capitol and Cersei is a psychotic moron. It was more him giving up on the kingdom as opposed to fearing for his life.

'The process may change him...somewhat.'

Dude's changed twice already...

There was a Maester hiding behind that rock, right? RIGHT?!?!

God damn you George RR Martin.

Great series, although not nearly enough Dame Diana for my liking and now that Charles Dance died in the shithouse (his greatest indignity since Ali G Indahouse. See video below, that actually happened, you're actually seeing that with your eyes) we won't get any verbal jousting between them next series. Not enough Varys too (agreed on his 'ah shit' look at the end though) so I'm glad to see him and Tyrion are next series' awesome double act. Unless that rogue dragon teams up with Arya or some shit.

I'm kind of curious to know if there's any guide or rules for how to deal with dragons.  Like, does Deanerys have some family guide book that tells you what to do and what not to do?  None of her advisers would have been involved with any of that even during the Targearyan reign.

I mean, they mention that they used dragons to, like, destroy Harrenhall. Can we get a Supremebve post up in here?

In the books, at one point (in book 2 iirc) Tyrion is reading three books on Dragonlore, and complaining that they contradict each other and he doesn't know which to believe. in the show, those books probably exist. But I doubt there are any copies of them in Slaver's Bay. If only Dany had access to a Maester or something like that...