DVDVR Message Board

Fantasy Football Time!

Kevin Wilson

Went 2-10-1 this year. Missed in just about every one of my first several picks in the draft. Here's how I drafted:

Round 1: Todd Gurley (I was picking towards the end of the round and thought I would take a workhorse RB)

Round 2: Lamar Miller (thought he would be a solid 15-18 points a game between carries and receptions)

Round 3: Brandin Cooks (ranked as best available WR at the time)

Round 4: Demariyus Thomas

Round 5: Jordan Reed

Round 6: Blake Bortles (available QBs I passed on: Mariota, Flacco, MATT FUCKING RYAN)

I'm amazed I won 2 games....

Faced with the dilemma of if I should bench Julio Jones or not. He is injured and will probably be used as a decoy. Picked up Gabriel to use if need be. Julio has burned me before but if he goes off I don't want to be the guy who lost in the playoffs because he benched Julio.

I hate this game

Weird week of fantasy football.  Went into this week with the possibility of finishing anywhere from 3rd to 6th.  Screwed up changing my players around and ended up putting Devontae Booker in as flex, when I was trying to put in Rob Kelley.  That ended up costing me a bunch of points.  LeVeon Bell and Carlos Hyde made sure my stupidity didn't matter, fortunately.  Ended up being easily the top scorer for the week.  That secured me at least 4th, and the final playoff spot.  

Buddy of mine was in 4th place going in, and had the highest season point total going into this week.  He was projected to get the highest score in the league this week, and  to win by more than 30.  Instead, he ended up getting by far the lowest score anybody has ever had in this league, and is losing by nearly 70 to a guy that isn't done yet - despite that opponent not even bothering to make sure all the guys in his lineup were actually active.

3rd place team keeps just scraping by every week.  He's won 4 in a row, 3 of those by a total of less than 10 points.  Looks like he'll probably manage to do the same this week, unless Edelman manages to get more than 15 points.  I'm really hoping that he does lose for once, so I can squeeze into 3rd and avoid playing my wife in the first round.

Best game of the week was between the two last place teams.  They somehow managed to get the 2nd and 3rd highest scores this week.

Duuuuude, having Lev Bell is like playing with a cheat code. I have in my 2 QB league and in that league, I made a trade right before the deadline on Thursday to give up Julio Jones and Booker for Lat Murray, Amari Cooper, and Tyler Eifert. The guy I traded with was out of the playoffs, but really wanted a keeper for next year and wanted a decent shot at the $100 consolation prize. I feel bad for him since Julio sat out. My team on the other hand went ham for the first time all season. This is who I started:

- Cousins 21 pts
- Kaep 13.6 pts
- Bell 49.8 pts
- Martin 15.5 pts
- Hilton 22 pts
- Cooper 5.4 pts
- Eifert 19.3 pts
- L. Murray 16.3 pts
- NE D
- Hopkins (the kicker, as in the better Hopkins) 3 pts

I'm currently sitting at 165.9 points with the NE D still to go. My opponent finished at 111.7. We do 2 weeks per round, so I'll have at least a 50 point advantage for next week THAT I'M SURE MY TEAM WILL TOTALLY SQUANDER. I am so prepared for the bed shitting to happen.

OH, and then in my PPR league, I limped into the playoffs with a 5 game losing streak. Not only that, but going into last week, 5 of us had a shot at the last playoff spot that I was clinging to. 2 of those teams had a tie, so all they needed was a win. They both lost. The other 3 of us all lost as well. The guy right behind me only needed 9 points from Brandon Marshall to beat me out for the last spot. Marshall only scored 8.

I've had so many injury and performance issues this year and I made some last minute waiver wire pickups. Picked up the Atlanta D, Taylor Gabriel, and I already picked up Tyler Boyd when AJ Green went to my IR. I'm cruising to a victory, even with Booker scoring me 3 points, and I have it all sealed up as long as Brees stops sucking.

AND THEN BREES WAS EVEN WORSE THIS WEEK! HOW IN THE FUCK?!?!?

So I finished with 98 points. My opponent sits at 77 with Steve Smith and the Baltimore D still to go. I'm fucked.

I was up by 7 points at start of the game tonight. Opponent has M. Mitchell, and I have J. Tucker. A field goal or 2 and I'm gold. And then JT gets his first kick of the year blocked. And Mitchell has 6 points now. So yeah...the Fucking Ravens and the Fucking Patriots are going to get me eliminated. 

YESSSSSSSSSS! I survived! 2nd year in this league and I really want to make it to the championship game in consecutive years. Last year I made it to the championship game as the best team in the league and only lost the championship because of a stat adjustment on Latavius Murray.

This year I'm the team with the worst record (6-7) entering the playoffs and I'm moving on to the next round. My journey ends here since my opponent is a juggernaut and the #1 seeded team, but I have a couple things going for me:

- Dixon has finally come alive! I picked him up when he came off of IR and I've been patiently waiting for him to explode. 21 points from him on my bench tonight and if he even gets half of that, then that's WAY better than the 3 that Booker got me.
- Cooper has to have a great game again, right?
- Brees can't keep sucking this bad, right?
- Tyler Boyd is the WR1 for the Bengals, right?
- Taylor Gabriel is money as long as Julio and Sanu sit, right?
- The ATL D is the defense to stream in the playoffs, right?

Made it into my 4 team playoff, a spot I didn't think was possible about 3 weeks ago when everyone in my league was at near identical W-L records.  Ended up with a 9-5 record, in 2nd place overall but the last team in as we have 3 divisional winners and 1 wildcard.

QB Conundrum?!

• Tom Brady vs. DEN or M. Stafford vs. NYG  (This shouldn't be a hard one , will the Tom/Bill show crack the DEN Defensive code or should I start Stafford)

13 minutes ago, Justin877 said:

Made it into my 4 team playoff, a spot I didn't think was possible about 3 weeks ago when everyone in my league was at near identical W-L records.  Ended up with a 9-5 record, in 2nd place overall but the last team in as we have 3 divisional winners and 1 wildcard.

QB Conundrum?!

• Tom Brady vs. DEN or M. Stafford vs. NYG  (This shouldn't be a hard one , will the Tom/Bill show crack the DEN Defensive code or should I start Stafford)

Brady

Wideout Wonderings?

• B Cooks vs ARI
  • R. Matthews vs KC
  • D. Inman vs . OAK
  • A. Jeffery vs. GB (picked him up off waivers and stowed him away after his PED suspension)
  • M. Mitchell vs DEN

My bold-italicized are what I am leaning towards but I can be swayed.

I waited until the playoffs to try a new strategy - I have a handful of players that fluctuate a lot every week, sometimes they score 5 and other times they score 20. So I am playing the players within that range that have the easiest opponent regardless. So for example I am benching Kelley and Cooper even though I usually start them since they have tougher matchups than the players on my bench. The only exception is that I am keeping in Luck even though he has a bad pairing, as I do feel that if you have a 'star' player you have to play them regardless of the matchup.

On Friday, December 16, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Kuetsar said:

I would think Dolphins. I know the Browns are awful, but the Bills D is prone to stupid lapses, whether the will do it against RGIII is anyone's guess. 

I went with the Dolphins, and was rewarded with 23 points!

• Like 1

If I win this game I am locked in to make money in the league. I am probably insane but I am tired of starting Kelley, Cooper, and Matthews for the last month and all hover around 10 points. Time for some new blood.

qfHDZCD.jpg

Two of those players I just picked up this week. Still debating Inman vs. Peterson, Peterson is either going to get 25 fantasy points because he isn't human or 2 fantasy points because it turns out he is somewhat human.

My concern about Inman is that his body of work is small. He has had good scores the last three games due to scoring TDs, but without that he'd be hovering around the same 8 to 10 that Cooper and Matthews do. I am just so tired of my WRs being middling.

Also, and this is a fake shit dumb reason to play him, but AD was my #1 pick in the draft. I kept him on my team all this time just in case he came back in time to play in the playoffs, and here it is with him being declared the starter. I feel like if I didn't start him and he had a solid game I'd be kicking myself the next seven months.