DVDVR Message Board

The Big Game, v.50

steve

I don't feel like this year is getting the HYPE of a normal Super Bowl. Maybe it's because election season and everything. I don't think it'll affect the actual ratings. Maybe it's the match up also. Plus, what the fuck about Cam Newton and celebrations? Who cares about any of that? It's nonsense. If he wants to dance after a TD, great. Awesome. Let him do it.

I'm not jinxing, because I DO think Denver has a shot, but it feels like nobody thinks it will be much of a game.

I expect Peyton to be benched after it has become 42-15(all FG's) by the end of the 1st half and they throw in Brock and then blame him for the loss in future stories.

• Like 1

No idea why y'all are dragging JJ Watt into this. The only thing to really knock JJ for was the selfie thing with Mettenberger.

He recently defended Cam on Twitter. I'm paraphrasing, but he said Cam scores a touchdown, he gets to do a dance; I get a sack, I get to do a dance.

JJ does trash talk and celebrates his sacks (even when losing in games badly). He's insufferable in commercials, but I don't think he has much to do with what they ask of him in those. But he's great in the community, and he hasn't had any incidents or arrests or anything. Sure, it could all be an act, but if he's faking it when visiting sick kids in the hospital, hanging out with the Berry kids, giving random motivational speeches to high school kids, I'll take it.

My partner was asking me who I was rooting for in the big game, and I said I'm torn, because I want to see Cam win because it will bother dumb racists, but I also have been annoyed by Vincey Greene's football ego all year. I was told that racists feeling bad is a better reason for rooting interest than being internet mad, so GO PANTHERS.

• Like 6

I was wondering when exactly I was going to become a total headcase, because I knew it was coming eventually.

If the crazy Super Bowl dreams I had last night are any indication, I've gotten to that point now...

I dunno if it's because my wife is pregnant or what, but I'm so zen about this. Just wanna see a good game. The proper result would be awesome but I know it can't end worse than the last one and plus Kasay isn't on the team anymore. So it's in God's hands (says the avowed athiest).

The patented JB Madden Predictatron has run the numbers...

For Super Bowl 48 it predicted a Seahawks blowout.

For Super Bowl 49 it predicted a close Patriots victory~!

For Super Bowl 50 it's going to be a comfortable, but not quite a full on blowout, Panthers victory according to the Predicatron .

36-18

Cam Newton SB MVP

Big games for the family and Olsen.

Stewart suspiciously quiet, but a few key short-yardage conversions.

Manning throws more interceptions than TDs.

• Like 3

I don't feel like this year is getting the HYPE of a normal Super Bowl. Maybe it's because election season and everything. I don't think it'll affect the actual ratings. Maybe it's the match up also. Plus, what the fuck about Cam Newton and celebrations? Who cares about any of that?  It's nonsense. If he wants to dance after a TD, great. Awesome. Let him do it.

Isn't part of the problem that our economy today has switched over from manufacturing to Information technology and now finally to sports punditry.

I believe I saw somewhere that there is now one paid sports pundit for every 2.7 people in the United States.  And they gotta talk about something.

• Like 1

My partner was asking me who I was rooting for in the big game, and I said I'm torn, because I want to see Cam win because it will bother dumb racists, but I also have been annoyed by Vincey Greene's football ego all year. I was told that racists feeling bad is a better reason for rooting interest than being internet mad, so GO PANTHERS.

I thought I was the only one. I don't think I can deal with a full offseason of Vinceys posts if the panthers win.

I thought I was the only one. I don't think I can deal with a full offseason of Vinceys posts if the panthers win.

That's why the board has an ignore function