DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 1/14/16

victor

I know that. But I was referring to going forward from where we are now, since we don't have time travel.

Kalisto winning the next one would be better than him losing it, right?

In the sense that getting slapped in the face is better than having your mouth shat in, sure, but it hardly meets my definition of "ok"

How about being slapped in the face after a dominatrix shits in your mouth?

I'd rather believe in conspiracy theories than believe that the biggest wrestling company in the world that employs two dozen writers, and has access to some of the best minds in the history of the business doesn't know how to book pro wrestling.

None of those great minds mean anything if the crazy old man at the top doesn't listen to them.

• Like 1

My conspiracy theory is that Vince deep down believes he was the draw in Austin vs. Vince or perhaps that his creative genius was the draw and that the angle could've succeeded with any two people as long as he was overseeing it. That's why the heel authority figure has been a staple of WWE booking regardless of how uninteresting or unfitting the face counterpart is at the time.

/half-joking

Look at this Vince mug shot shirt that just came out. Of course Vince thinks its all about him.Roman's not over. It's Vince that's still over (well to a point he is). It's a shame they didn't have the faith to run with Johnny Ace as the new evil boss a couple years. He was at least younger and could still take a beating with out the fear he might die from it.

PEOPLE POWER DAMN IT.

I'm pissed they screwed up Kalisto like this all ready. I legit loved him winning on RAW and they go and do this. Are we sure it isnt 1998-99 again? Maybe Vince just see's Rey Mysterio with better knees.

Hard to get excited about Ranallo on PBP when Lawler is suddenly a heel and beating us over the head with his copy of Milton Berle's Private Joke File. Jesus chainsaw-juggling Christ that was PAINFUL.

• Like 2

I'd rather believe in conspiracy theories than believe that the biggest wrestling company in the world that employs two dozen writers, and has access to some of the best minds in the history of the business doesn't know how to book pro wrestling.

None of those great minds mean anything if the crazy old man at the top doesn't listen to them.

I don't think Vince really has anything to do with Smackdown, nor has he for years. What happens on Smackdown is what guys like Road Dogg and Michael Hayes want to happen on it. Does Steph even show up to Smackdown? 

Yeah thought Kalisto/Alberto was excellent here. Kalisto was a great underdog, lots of great sequences and finishing stretch. Both guys looked good. Main event was fun also, highlight 'little thing' moment was Owens on the apron just kicking Ambrose in the head the first time he tried the rebound lariat.

Hard to get excited about Ranallo on PBP when Lawler is suddenly a heel and beating us over the head with his copy of Milton Berle's Private Joke File. Jesus chainsaw-juggling Christ that was PAINFUL.

I don't see how anyone thinks Ranallo and his stilted delivery is good. Seems like people over hype any outside hire WWE makes.

The guy is not good. 

I don't see how anyone thinks Ranallo and his stilted delivery is good. Seems like people over hype any outside hire WWE makes.

The guy is not good. 

I remember people really overhyping Mike Adamle. It didn't take long for people to realize how big of a mistake that was. 

Of course, I still think it's a bit early to judge Ranallo, especially since he's been on the job for all of 2 weeks at this point.

i wish Lawler would revert to his 1999 heel persona. Being really sadistic toward the faces and perving on the women. Can you imagine how much heat he would get online for going on about how great Bayley's ass is?

There are sadly enough creeps who would go along with Lawler and give him an "atta boy" for that one. 

The guy is not good. 

No, he's really very, very good. Just give him a chance. Two weeks is not an adequate sample size. I've had the pleasure of listening to his work for NJPW and he's outstanding at calling the match and giving you an incredible amount of back-story without being intrusive. I'd actually go beyond "very, very good" and say the guy is "gifted". The very last thing that the WWE needs to do is curtail him by having an idiot screaming in his ear while he's trying to do his job. Mauro really doesn't require any assistance from VKM in calling matches.

• Like 4

Finally finished this one. Kalisto/Alberto was fantastic, easily the best Kalisto has looked and the best Del Rio has looked since his return.

Its sort of weird to consider Becky the face her feud after the videos they aired show her cheating and then sneaking attacking Charlotte for revenge on a beatdown Becky kind of had coming.

The main event was good fun.

Finally finished this one. Kalisto/Alberto was fantastic, easily the best Kalisto has looked and the best Del Rio has looked since his return.

Its sort of weird to consider Becky the face her feud after the videos they aired show her cheating and then sneaking attacking Charlotte for revenge on a beatdown Becky kind of had coming.

This is no paying any attention to the fact that Charlotte did the exact same thing to beat Becky in there title match.

The  "WWE faces are such dicks, how are they faces" is one of my least favorite thing about message board culture in the last couple of years. People complain about how boring and lame WWE faces are, but then complain when they show edge and get revenge on a heel, because they're then acting like heels themselves. 

This is no paying any attention to the fact that Charlotte did the exact same thing to beat Becky in there title match.

Well it was more a comment on how they aired the video (ie leaving out the part you mentioned), but beyond that Becky did essentially end up becoming a hypocrite giving Charlotte such shit for cheating to win and then doing the same thing. Really I'm just saying neither have much of a leg to stand on.

The  "WWE faces are such dicks, how are they faces" is one of my least favorite thing about message board culture in the last couple of years. People complain about how boring and lame WWE faces are, but then complain when they show edge and get revenge on a heel, because they're then acting like heels themselves. 

I wasn't actually complaining. I have little problem with it. I just find it amusing how much that talking point is used at times and then sort of ignored when a face people like actually pulls a dick move.