DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2015 - WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

Can't wait to hear the bitching about the facemask considering Detroit committed blatant PI the play before uncalled so they ended up like 25 yards on that trade. .

You're kidding, right? That was offensive PI all the way. Defensive guy in position, receiver throws him to the ground. How is that defensive PI?
  • Like 1

Can't wait to hear the bitching about the facemask considering Detroit committed blatant PI the play before uncalled so they ended up like 25 yards to their advantage on that trade.

Anyway, the NFL is terrible. Also, so are the Packers. But at least they're not the Lions.

You mean the play where the receiver tackled the db to prevent an interception?

He hit the facemask hard enough to twist it. The rulebook says:Penalty: For twisting, turning, or pulling the mask: Loss of 15 yards. A personal foul. The player maybe disqualified if the action is judged by the official(s) to be of a flagrant nature.

There you go. You twist a dude's helmet, intentionally or not, it's 15 yards.

• Like 1

Can't wait to hear the bitching about the facemask considering Detroit committed blatant PI the play before uncalled so they ended up like 25 yards to their advantage on that trade.

Anyway, the NFL is terrible. Also, so are the Packers. But at least they're not the Lions.

You mean the play where the receiver tackled the db to prevent an interception?

That ball was way underthrown. Unless they are catching it with their feet, neither one of those guys was catching that pass. No call was the right call.

FWIW, I've always hated the "rush 3,drop 8" defense for a Hail Mary. Gives the QB too much time.

But that wasn't a facemask.

Yeah, but it's an honest mistake I can almost understand (if the 5 yard face mask still existed, that was absolutely a case of it).

I'd be more upset about them letting the whole Packer line hold so Rodgers could even throw that Hail Mary, personally.

But I mean, you know, last time I saw that finish Vince Russo booked it.  "bad call this way NO WAIT BAD CALL THE OTHER WAY, this is actually happening instead after all, gotcha!"

It was a tough call, no doubt.  I'm not sure it should have been called but I also can't blame the refs as in real time at a not perfect angle it looked a hell of a lot like a big facemask.

Also I subscribe to the school of thought that you can't complain about anything when you give up a 60+ yard hail mary with no time left on the clock to a guy you borderline forgot to cover.

• Like 1

It was a tough call, no doubt. I'm not sure it should have been called but I also can't blame the refs as in real time at a not perfect angle it looked a hell of a lot like a big facemask.

Also I subscribe to the school of thought that you can't complain about anything when you give up a 60+ yard hail mary with no time left on the clock to a guy you borderline forgot to cover.

I suppose the Soviets legit won the gold in 72?

Bwahahahahahahah! I cackled and cheered like a mad-man when it happened. I don't recall the Packers ever winning on a Hail Mary before, but it may have happened. I told you to prepare to be Bat-Dadded, Brian.

tumblr_ne8a0aotXZ1qz9wlpo1_500.gif