DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

0% chance anything comes of this, as it stands.  The NCAA doesn't have subpeona power, and Tunsil has no reason to comply with the NCAA at this point.  The only way it becomes a significant issue is if whoever is behind the hacks turns over whatever they have to the NCAA (and they can verify it's legitimacy, obviously).  And I don't think hurting Ole Miss is the game this person is playing.

Kid decommits from TAMU. WR Coach adjustment subtweets him.  Another player then decommits and at least one more drops TAMU from their list over his Twitter tantrum.  He says the kids of this generation need to mature and get tougher.

Congratulations satellite camps, you are no longer the dumbest or funniest story of the off-season.

I don't know how to post the link from Deadspin but apparently in a lawsuit over Sandusky witnesses said JoePa knew about him being a kid toucher/sexual predator as early as 1976. If this is indeed the case they should take that fucking statue out of storage and melt it down into urinals so people can literally piss all over it.

• Like 5

I've said before that anything less than the death penalty was not so much a slap on the wrist was it was a seal of approval. I stopped watching all college sports after Penn State got off the hook, and this only enforces the notion that I did the right thing.

12 hours ago, sabremike said:

I don't know how to post the link from Deadspin but apparently in a lawsuit over Sandusky witnesses said JoePa knew about him being a kid toucher/sexual predator as early as 1976. If this is indeed the case they should take that fucking statue out of storage and melt it down into urinals so people can literally piss all over it.

They should dig a plot next to his grave and toss it in next to him.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Super Ape said:

I still say they should have leveled that stadium to the ground and stuck that statue in the middle of the rubble for symbolic purposes.

The whole university I would say. . . .. 

15 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

The whole university I would say. . . .. 

Yeah, but I feel like they should exist without their athletics program as a cautionary tale.

then again I also believe we as a society should give the NCAA itself the death penalty.

"We should execute the entire NCAA staff by firing squad!" - Super Ape Goes to Summer Camp in a few hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ryan said:

"We should execute the entire NCAA staff by firing squad!" - Super Ape Goes to Summer Camp in a few hours.

You jest, but I've said over and over again that the "sanctions" the NCAA placed on Penn State (the later repealed) weren't a slap on the wrist so much as a pat on the back.

I was also using the term in the NCAA context, basically saying that it's time to end big-time college sports, but that's a discussion for another time and place.

So, you're not going to Summer Camp with Christmas Ape? This displeases me. Time to make college rugby a national powerhouse.

Again though, nothing at Penn State actually applied to any NCAA bylaws. They basically used the outrage to rain down punishment they had no jurisdiction to apply, and that's why much of it was rescinded.

But that aside... Jesus this story just keeps somehow finding new depths of awfulness and ick.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ryan said:

Go in a time machine to say, the mid-eighties, and you have an argument. . . .

13 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

But Joe was the real victim!  Witch Hunt!

I am noticing that all my Penn St. Alum friends have been really fucking quiet lately.

Matt Millen's been blowing up your inbox on AOL, yo. Word?

• 2 weeks later...