DVDVR Message Board

2015-2016 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Oh man, Kyle Allen leaving TAMU. With two years of eligibility remaining.

I know he was up and down and all, but I have to admit, that much pro style talent, with a year of forced redshirting, coached by Harbaugh, would be really intriguing.

He's interested in OU.

Also some rumblings that Kyler Murray may transfer.

Of course, the situation here in Austin is a shitshow too...

If he's supremely confident in his abilities, there might be no better place to go than Michigan. Jake Rudock went from a guy who could seemingly barely throw a football to a guy who might just have an NFL future in 6 months under Harbaugh. Imagine what Allen could do in 2 or 3.

But...the big caveat is that Michigan has roughly 397 quarterbacks on their roster or committed. They've got O'Korn transferred in from Houston, they've got Shane Morris with 2 years of eligibility left, they've got a bunch of recruits coming, they've got Wilton Speight who showed a bit of promise this year. They're at a point where they might just have too many but that sure is a nice problem to have. So, for Allen to go to Michigan, he'd have to be reaaaaaaly sure he could win the starting job. Otherwise, he's better off at OU or at Cal, where he'll still get top-level coaching and more playing time.

Most entertaining part of the 90 minutes was watching Spurrier grow ever more impatient as Henry found increasingly obscure people to thank.

"I'd like to thank the equipment managers for keeping my jockstrap crisp and stank-free...."

Speedy Noil is also possibly/probably being suspended for 2 games and also possibly/probably transferring.

Going deeper into rumors, some of the big money guys (and maybe the admin) might make a run at Sumlin to fire him with cause and void his ~$18 million contract buyout.

Speedy Noil is also possibly/probably being suspended for 2 games and also possibly/probably transferring.

Going deeper into rumors, some of the big money guys (and maybe the admin) might make a run at Sumlin to fire him with cause and void his ~$18 million contract buyout.

LOL. I'd hate to be the one had to explain to them that "We foolishly rushed to overpay a guy based on the play of one transcendent QB and now regret it horribly" does not consitute "with cause."