DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: ROMAN REIGNS vs. ULTIMO GUERRERO

ROMAN REIGNS vs. ULTIMO GUERRERO  

91 members have voted

1. 1. CHOOSE ONE

Reigns shouldn't have beaten any of those dudes. I voted for Cena against him, and in any other cases where I voted for him, I was blinded by the fact that he was hidden in 6-mans, which guys like NintendoLogic tried to point out ad nauseam. I didn't completely listen. Shame on me.

The problem with the argument that Reigns was actively good in the Shield (as opposed to good in a limited role) is that it provides no explanation for his current performance. Are we supposed to believe that he just mysteriously and inexplicably forgot how to have good matches at some point last summer?

• Like 1

Is he even having bad matches at this point or is he just suffering backlash?  I don't think the two matches I saw with Big Show were awful and the tag matches with Bryan against the whole tag team roster (Roman's acting during the Uso section was a highlight) and against Randy & Seth were also well put together.  Other than a shitty shit shit Royal Rumble which was put together by a blind monkey at a typewriter, I don't know that he's been in bad matches.

• Like 3

He's not bad like Khali was bad. He's bad like Titus O'Neill is. Which is to say he does his thing and he's not terrible at that, but he's limited, and needs to be dragged to anything memorable.

He can sell well enough to get through the heat segment of a TV match, and he's good with his spots, but he's not actually strong enough to have a power-based offense, and he doesn't know enough to do much else beyond pedestrian strikes.

• Like 1

It's not that he's necessarily bad.  It's just that he isn't fitting the role that they have for him.  When teaming with the Shield it was a lot more believable that he'd be the breakout star.  When plans were originally brought up about him beating Lesnar at WM I was fine with it.  But since his singles run while not bad he doesn't show "Future world champion" either.  The only time that came close was the Fastlane match, but Bryan had a hand in that.

The Reigns vs. Wyatt match on RAW was AWFUL.  It fell apart two minutes in and never recovered. I could blame Wyatt for some of that as well and I will when his time comes.

From February 2014? 

The Reigns vs. Wyatt match on RAW was AWFUL.  It fell apart two minutes in and never recovered. I could blame Wyatt for some of that as well and I will when his time comes.

From February 2014? 

Hmm maybe it was on SD! I will double check .....  Don't worry I have plenty of ammo against Wyatt :P

I have no idea how good Ultimo Guerrero is, but I do know how good Roman Reigns isn't at this point of his career.  Sadly Reigns and his too much too soon push is getting my vote.  He has huge potential, and hopefully he reaches it, but he just plain isn't there yet.  This is a I just didn't have the time to watch Ultimo Guerrero vote, and I'll admit it is probably wrong.