DVDVR Message Board

The Marvel Things That Aren't "Marvel" Things

RIPPA

Did someone say it was worse than X3 craig? Lol. I know I said it was close.. AoU is better but they suffer from a lot of the same issues. It was filler that a lot of people tried to pass off as more..

The villain was underdeveloped and just some more Stark and his toys crap. Crowded cast of characters and the new faces were uncooked. Some shitty subplots. There's not a lot there. Bad CGI in the first ten minutes too.

Did someone say it was worse than X3 craig? Lol. I know I said it was close.. AoU is better but they suffer from a lot of the same issues. It was filler that a lot of people tried to pass off as more..

The villain was underdeveloped and just some more Stark and his toys crap. Crowded cast of characters and the new faces were uncooked. Some shitty subplots. There's not a lot there. Bad CGI in the first ten minutes too.

Yeah, you're right. I read that as you saying X3 is a better movie. Even still, saying AoU is barely better is about as weird. Ultron chewing up scene after scene was entertaining as hell. I just thought AoU made a better Iron Man 3 than Iron Man 3 did.

Yeah, I just want good movies, man. I don't care if they are dark or grim or funny. It doesn't matter the tone, just give me good movies and I felt like AoU was more of a cash grab which is fine..  because I think Civil War is a total cash grab but I trust the Russos to do more with it. I don't think they knew what the heck to do with Avengers 2 because everything is all about Infinity.

I liked Ant-Man quite a bit.  I loved Winter Soldier. I loved Guardians. I didn't like Iron Man 3 at all.  I'm all over the place when it comes to the MCU

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just hope Fox don't rush into Deadpool 2 and give the key players: Reynolds,the director and writers the time they need. Yeah we had to wait a while for Deadpool as it was going to be the movie that never was but that helped than hindered the final product.

8 hours ago, tigertooth said:

Percentage-wise, it'd be tough for it to beat Terminator -> T2. (around 1600%)

Blair Witch Project is probably the undefeatable champion in this particular category.  It's about a 25,000% increase from the first one to Book of Shadows.  

Another one with a possible asterisk would be El Mariachi.  Its original budget was about $8,000 while Desperado clocked in at around $7,000,000.  But the studio did spend five or six figures monkeying around with (mostly inconsequential) tinkering and remastering before Mariachi was released, so it's hard to say exactly what the official number should be. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that trailer does not make me feel optimistic about this one. I'll still see it, but it visually and structurally looks like the kind of garbage summer fare I avoid.

I really hope I'm wrong because I overall enjoy this franchise.

Memorable marketing campaign for Deadpool continues...

It seems Deadpool is just content with his own film being released digitally today, he's invading a few classics such as Alien 3, Batman: The Movie, 127 Hours and Taken.  Does Deadpool make any movie better? It's debatable, but the Regenerating Degenerate has personally selected 8 movies he thinks deserves some of his off-brand humor.  As a result, these films are specially priced at $7.99 (excluding Days of Future Past) on iTunes.

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o69ru6C41o1rov369o4_1280.jpg