DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Sandow brought the viciousness to that MITB Cash-in match with Cena. It was one of my favorite TV matches of the year.

I  was really into the Rhodes-Scholars team thought the split up too soon,he was kinda left in the cold once they put Cody with Dustin because they never really finish the feud but that match was great but he was an afterthought after that..

• Like 1

Sandow has shown that he's one of those guys that will take whatever gimmick he's saddled with and run with it 100% to try and get it over.  The intellectual savior and Rhodes Scholars stuff he did was fantastic.  I also think he's a better wrestler than he gets credit for.  The story told in that Cena match was great - the midcarder who is never taken seriously and doesn't always take his ringwork that seriously himself starts going all out and doing everything he possibly can to try and get a win.  I'm hesitant to make this comparison because Sandow is considerably better than Disco Inferno, but that match reminded me of the Disco/Malenko match where Disco acts like a schmuck for the first few minutes, then starts getting more and more serious and actually has a solid, competitive match with a few moments that look like he might actually win.

• Like 1

I just think these guys are all just shades of mediocre. Nothing Sandow/Miz/Barrett does will ever make them stand out...no distinguishable skills in the ring or on the mic. At least Wyatt has some charisma and connects with people, the ring work is another story.

Riley as NXT commentator is good, Riley as preshow commentator is not.

Sandow has shown that he's one of those guys that will take whatever gimmick he's saddled with and run with it 100% to try and get it over. The intellectual savior and Rhodes Scholars stuff he did was fantastic. I also think he's a better wrestler than he gets credit for. The story told in that Cena match was great - the midcarder who is never taken seriously and doesn't always take his ringwork that seriously himself starts going all out and doing everything he possibly can to try and get a win. I'm hesitant to make this comparison because Sandow is considerably better than Disco Inferno, but that match reminded me of the Disco/Malenko match where Disco acts like a schmuck for the first few minutes, then starts getting more and more serious and actually has a solid, competitive match with a few moments that look like he might actually win.

I agree 100% with post and totally remember that disco match.

I was all about heel miz and wish he would've just stayed swarmy and cheated, he could run that gimmick the rest of his career and put over people like he did riley.

I just think these guys are all just shades of mediocre. Nothing Sandow/Miz/Barrett does will ever make them stand out...no distinguishable skills in the ring or on the mic. At least Wyatt has some charisma and connects with people, the ring work is another story.

Riley as NXT commentator is good, Riley as preshow commentator is not.

Barrett doesn't stand out? Wyatt isn't good in the ring? Get outta here....

• Like 1

Just to prove I'm not Cornette, I do enjoy Kevin Steen, wondering if they will let him have a personality and legitimate chance to stand out and not be generic former indy star number 4. Certainly won't be using the package piledriver.

Penguins have the best record in the league. I imagine this means a first round exit :/

Oh, right. Wrestling. Well, here's a question. Since Roman Reigns is about to return, do you think he's the obvious choice for the Rumble winner or do you think they decide to go in another direction?

Rumble will be here before you know it. I will never not be excited for it.

Penguins have the best record in the league. I imagine this means a first round exit :/

Oh, right. Wrestling. Well, here's a question. Since Roman Reigns is about to return, do you think he's the obvious choice for the Rumble winner or do you think they decide to go in another direction?

Rumble will be here before you know it. I will never not be excited for it.

Roman Reigns is the obvious choice for the Rumble but his momentum is still questionable imo. Dean Ambrose has a good shot at winning the Rumble.

I'm interested on who is gonna be the surprise entrants.