DVDVR Message Board

NOV WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can't tell if I should be nonchalant about it, or be excited, but the Dudley Boyz are back according to Bully Ray. Who knows what that means.

Except the death of TNA.

Guessing it means the death of the first fresh gimmick either one of them has had in 20 years, all so Devon can collect a few paychecks from low paying indys.

I like the Dudleys, but I was tired of them by the time they left the WWE.

I really cannot tell if ebbie likes anything.

She likes Nikki Bella.

Wait a second:

Nikki Bella

Nikki Be

Phonetically:         (e)(bie)

It all makes sense!

• Like 1

Bubba and Devon showed up at the House of Hardcore show last night at the 2300 Arena (old ECW venue). Good show, for which I was happy because the last one in the area was terrible. Several TNA workers were there, and Dreamer and Bubba acknowledged TNA on the mic and thanked Dixie for sharing talent. Spike Dudley showed up! Outstanding six-man and main. So many mutants in the crowd, thank you South Philly. Surprising amount of females and little children - the show ended at 11:30pm.

I must complain about something as well: I hate hate hate the overuse of the sincere shoot "respect/love/honor" speech after big matches or at the end of the card. If you have to point out how hard everyone is working then you are not working hard enough, and you don't need to tell me that you are doing it for me and that the fans are the real heroes. We have a strictly financial relationship: if you keep on putting on quality shows, I will spend my money. This is particularly endemic to hardcore/garbage feds, as if breaking kay fabe or gimmick is going to do anything but further shatter the suspension of disbelief of the audience.

bitter, old,

RAF

• Like 3

Don't want to quote that whole thing, but I couldn't agree more with RAF. The loss of kayfabe is the doom of wrestling. I don't watch Walking Dead to hear Zombie #6 interrupt the suspension of disbelief and tell me how great the makeup people are. Just put on a show, I don't need Dreamer crying every week, I don't care if one of your lead heels like Stephanie gets a humanitarian award.

Don't want to quote that whole thing, but I couldn't agree more with RAF. The loss of kayfabe is the doom of wrestling. I don't watch Walking Dead to hear Zombie #6 interrupt the suspension of disbelief and tell me how great the makeup people are. Just put on a show, I don't need Dreamer crying every week, I don't care if one of your lead heels like Stephanie gets a humanitarian award.

I don't know.............Vince getting one was pretty entertaining that one time. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately this wasn't used for a storyline...just to pump up some fragile egos as usual.

I feel like every week we're hearing about Paul Levesque and Stephanie McMahon getting some award or getting on some board. I'll give Triple H credit for one thing, for a guy with just a high school diploma, he's managed to make it pretty far in corporate America. 

• Like 1

I really cannot tell if ebbie likes anything.

She likes Nikki Bella.

Wait a second:

Nikki Bella

Nikki Be

Phonetically:         (e)(bie)

It all makes sense!

It's an Arizonian thing.. Being that very few people frm Arizona amount to anything. :( Also extreme bias towards toward Englishmen. :P

It's just annoying to be so into something and you gotta find excuses as to why you still care.

After all the Rumble 92 chat earlier in the thread I watched it again tonight, random things I've never noticed before, the pop for Duggan is unreal, easily the pop of the night.

Flair super selling for Valentine and Von Erich, second only to HBK super selling for everyone.

Piper is clearly Dean Ambrose's real father.

IRS spends a lot of time getting choked by the Undertaker. Did his kids see this, if so is that why they ended up so weird?

Jack Tunney's botch laden pre rumble promo had me wondering, Vince's micro-managing, it clearly wasn't that bad in January 92, the commentary team, the performers all seem to have a degree of freedom and trust, it seems to me at some point between Rumble 92 and Montreal he just completely stopped trusting people and started micro managing every aspect of the business. It seems like Vince trusted Patterson, Tunney, Monsoon, Heenan without resorting to scripting them, or screaming into a headset. All of those guys bar Patterson had all but left by 97, combined with Hart / Michaels fiasco and WCW getting things together really seemed to mess with Vince's head.

Also, it's been said before but Monsoon and Heenan are perfect, just perfect.

Started making my way through that list over the weekend from the bottom up.

First real exposure to NXT. I'm sold on Bayley......torn on Charlotte - great heel worker, but just.....tranny.......tranny......tranny.

That Christian/Orton match from Summerslam is odd. It's pretty good in an isolated context, but for a middle of the card match, they just kick out of fucking everything, it's weird to watch as its so rare to see these guys protected to that extent.

The M-Pro six man from Barely Legal does not age well.

Can someone please tell me how Kevin Sullivan ever got over as a demonic heel? 

I can't listen to the guy talk without expecting him to talk about the Sox, the Pats or the Bruins. He has such a stereotypical Boston accent. 

Maybe they ran a lot of New York shows.