DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Well, hey, the Pistons beat OKC for the first time since 2008.

(Lets ignore the missing MVP and other missing superstar, m'kay?)

Great game from Brandon Jennings as well!

DEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL!  (I don't get to say that much anymore.)

I bet some people will say Brett Brown kicked that ball into the stands for the technical at the end to ensure the loss. Won't blame people for saying it since that is what happens when you put this kind of roster together. Though I am sure he just lost his cool.

NBA's youtube channel is celebrating 20 years of League Pass, which means they're replaying the Top 10 plays of every week from 1994 throughout the year.

WHICH MEANS KUKOC HIGHLIGHTS.

That Kukoc pass to future Spur, Steve Kerr was amazing. 

Also, that Admiral one handed dunk from the Alley-Oop made me shed a tear. I can only dream of what the "in his prime" Robinson would look like with the modern day Spurs. 

The first half of that Cavs game was basically a basketball ideal. They hit their first ten threes, had assists on 22 of 25 FGs, and the Hawks weren't ever in the foul penalty. Joe Harris has actually really made a difference and filled a major need for them. He is way more athletic than I thought he would be and just plays great man to man defense. He came in early tonight and just shut Kyle Korver down, which is no easy feat. After the New Orleans game, I was fully prepared for Korver to score 25 on like 7/10 shooting. This team still has some very real issues, but I am loving the direction that the rotations are headed. The Cavs play eight of the next nine at home and I hope they will be able to build a bit of momentum.

This must be what Gregg feels like all the time!

• Like 1

Got a ticket for this afternoon at MSG for $35 to see the Knicks lose again. Thanks StubHub! I'm dying laughing at the people trying to sell next Saturday's game vs the Sixers for $85.

• Like 2

We need a report on your experience, sabremike.  The MSG environment has celebrities and seems like a lot of fun even with the Knicks' losing streak.

As long as Love, Irving, and Lebron James are in the lineup, I don't have too many worries about the Cavs' offense.  Even when it doesn't click, their talent can bully and iso ball its way to points.  Yet, I'm not going to take them seriously in the championship picture this year until their defense is at least average and that might require a trade.

Now the big question: can the Knicks hold onto a 23 point ht lead? Celebrities here include Eddy Falcoe, Gerry Cooney and some guy from The Walking Dead. I think I'm the only American in my section as it's nothing but tourists. Fans actually started an MVP Chant for Melo, thus disproving the notion that NY basketball fans are knowledgeble and sophisticated.

• Like 1

B-Shaw might not survive November. Nuggets getting blown out by the Knicks.

The Nuggets sure fucked things up, didn't they?  Let Masai Ujiri get away, got rid of George Karl and brought in a guy who got passed over after interviewing for every job possible.

After the Melo trade, it seemed like they had a fun competitive team that was one or two pieces away from being pretty dangerous. Now they're probably going to have to sell everyone off and start over.

While I am still overcome with grief over the closing of the Pieface near MSG, the halal carts are their to comfort me in my time of need. Thank you $5 chicken over rice platter from a grateful stomach.

Yeah, they pulled a Crumbs and shut all but one store about a month ago.  You gotta go to 37th & 9th now to go to the lone survivor.

And damn, Miami's fallen back to earth after starting out white hot.  :(

Your Lakers' Defensive Effort Update Report for November 16th, 2014....ahh fuck it.  Just look at the score.

“We just did a terrible job defensively,” Coach Byron Scott said on November 12, 2014

Edited by _MJ_