DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

... I'd be surprised if Velocity could make any money on that deal, considering how miniscule their ad income like is.  They have practically no market presence, so 25% of Spike's right fee is probably fairly steep for them.  

I have no clue regarding the validity of this, but it's being reported that TNA's gotten an offer from some channel called Velocity, for a whopping 25% of what they were getting from Spike.  This channel, which I've never even heard of, is HD only and is in 48 million homes.

Master negotiator, indeed.

She'll spin it as, "nobody wants to be in standard def anyway!"  :lol:

The Carters should have sold the company when they had the chance.  It's mind blowing that the deal breaker was that the new owners wouldn't let Dixie stay on TV pretending she was still the owner.

Verne Gagne insisting a behind the scenes role for Greg buggered up more than one sale of the AWA (one to a group from Winnipeg, and then to a Jerry Jarrett group). So Dixie's not the first kid who needed a gig to mess up a major wrestling company sale.

Verne Gagne insisting a behind the scenes role for Greg buggered up more than one sale of the AWA (one to a group from Winnipeg, and then to a Jerry Jarrett group). So Dixie's not the first kid who needed a gig to mess up a major wrestling company sale.

I kind of side with Verne there. An AWA without a Gagne is wrong. A TNA without a Carter though is a blessing. 

I have no clue regarding the validity of this, but it's being reported that TNA's gotten an offer from some channel called Velocity, for a whopping 25% of what they were getting from Spike. This channel, which I've never even heard of, is HD only and is in 48 million homes.

Master negotiator, indeed.

Who reported this?

Someone on Twitter. You wouldn't know him, you've never had a Twitter account.

Oh good, so along the same lines of reliability as Meltzer and TMZ.

I don't quite understand what your implying, TMZ reported that Spike cancelled TNA, within a day TNA confirmed it, tell me what I'm missing.

Someone on Twitter. You wouldn't know him, you've never had a Twitter account.

Oh good, so along the same lines of reliability as Meltzer and TMZ.
I don't quite understand what your implying, TMZ reported that Spike cancelled TNA, within a day TNA confirmed it, tell me what I'm missing.

That Eno90 works as a groundskeeper at a football field ... so moving goalposts on this board is merely a "busman's holiday."

• Like 4

I was hoping TNA would end up on G4 so they could eventually be replaced by old reruns of Cheaters. Remember the time the host got stabbed while filming an episode? Good times.

I'm going to miss TNA, I can't celebrate it's death. It's provided me with so many great moments as a wrestling fan. Like that time... uh, Sting finally won the title back or that time um... Ken Anderson came to chew gum and throw pipe bombs and he was all out of pipe bombs. Oh, I always liked trying to figure out King of the Mountain's rules!

There's 48 pages of thread celebrating TNA's death as if its as sure as the sun rising tomorrow. That, once again, isn't happening yet I'm the one moving goalposts. That's just too awesome.

....but TMZ was right about Spike not renewing the timeslot.