DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

The series is not over yet. I don't think it'll be Wade to do it. If Miami takes game 5 it has to be LeBron going Ham doesn't it? I think he has a 45-pointer left in the tank. That wont help their defense though... its amazing how great the bigs have been in creating offense. Diaw is getting a lot of press now but Splitter has been great too. Leonard has been the best player in the series so far. Imagine if he got a Finals MVP at age 22.

I really don't want to write off the Heat because if Bosh gets into a really good rhythm, LeBron comes alive, and Wade doesn't hobble himself...they can easily overpower the game....but I just don't know.

I think with an extra day of rest, Wade will play well in the next game, and it will be close going in to the 4th Quarter, which gives Miami a major advantage because Lebron is still the best player on the court. This series could still very easily go seven, because I don't think the Heat will lose three straight at home. 

If they lose, I do sort of feel bad for him. He left Cleveland to not have to play with Larry Hughes as a number two option, and D-Wade has slowly morphed in to him over the course of these playoffs. Chalmers is worse than Eric Snow at this point, which is setting a bar so low it's almost unfathomable. 

Miami could definitely win game 5, but I'm pretty certain they don't have a big comeback in them in that game.

If they let San Antonio race out to a 15-20 point first half lead again, I think we're much more likely to see a June Massacre than a miracle comeback.  They look like a team on the verge of packing it in and saying "no mas"

Then again, maybe Greg Oden and Michael Beasley could provide the spark the Heat need?

(And I expect Josh and Kelvin to both unfriend me on facebook now...)

Brian's Beasley reference just reminded me that fucking Michael Beasley is still playing and somehow, SOMEHOW Rose isn't. Son of a bitch...

Define playing, because they seem to play about the same amount of minutes.  I guess sometimes they let him put on a uniform, but they don't let him do anything.

I don't see why you don't bring Beasley off the bench in game 5. The bench is abysmal, Shard is useless, I'd give Beasley and Battier a real good look Sunday. What the fuck do they have to lose at this point?

I don't see why you don't bring Beasley off the bench in game 5. The bench is abysmal, Shard is useless, I'd give Beasley and Battier a real good look Sunday. What the fuck do they have to lose at this point?

The championship.  Playing Michel Beasley in the finals is like playing me in the finals, you just aren't even trying to win any more. 

The problems and solutions go way beyond playing Michael Beasley at this point. Rashard Lewis has been the 2nd best player on the floor for Miami for long stretches. Let that sink in for a second. Teams that had Rashard Lewis as their second best player when he was in his prime weren't good. 

Hell, at this rate they might as well try a Douglas/Beasley/Battier/James/Oden line-up at some point in game 5.

(Is Oden even active?)

He played some garbage time in game 3.  He was moving very slowly.

Hell, at this rate they might as well try a Douglas/Beasley/Battier/James/Oden line-up at some point in game 5.

(Is Oden even active?)

He played some garbage time in game 3.  He was moving very slowly.

Yeah, for the people calling for Beasley, you need to realize that Beasley is wearing a suit and Oden has played in the last two games.

A statistic for you nerds from last night--

Lebron -- 28 pts, 58% shooting, 50% from three, 8 rebounds

the other 4 starters -- 28 pts, 32% shooting, 0% from three, 7 rebounds

Yeesh.  Four of us could get together and have that much production.

Yay. I am playing in a company basketball tournament at the end of month and this is a great confidence builder. :D

• Like 1

I think Burgundy LaRue's over-estimating the board members basketball skills, which is why I think we'll need a quickie tryout camp to evaluate which few will join the Heat. You'll first be tested to see how athletic you are, followed by 2-on-2, 3-on-3 and 5-on-5 games, and then a skills course were we'll have everyone go through several obstacles, then interviews to see how high or low your basketball IQ is (many will be lost at this point when answering the drug question because we all know most of y'all on this board gotta be on something while posting) and finally only a few will get a rose and join El Heat.