Game 4:

SAS at MIA | Thu., Jun. 12, 9:00 PM ET | ABC

Game 5:

MIA at SAS | Sun., Jun. 15 | ABC | If Needed

Game 6:

SAS at MIA | Tue., Jun. 17 | ABC | If Needed

Game 7:

MIA at SAS | Fri., Jun. 20 | ABC | If Needed

LOL! I was thinking about that right when the game ended tonight that the Draft is usually a few days after what would be a game 7 (if necessary) and that's 3 weeks away.

Should be a fun series. I'm leaning towards the Heat winning, but the Spurs do have that bad taste from last year. Parker has some time to get healthy.

I will never, ever understand that particular argument (despite thinking that, no, winning the title this year will not make Lebron the best ever, no argument.)

Because let's say when Lebron retires, he's gotten 6 rings.  6-3 in NBA Finals appearances, just for arguments sake.  That would mean he made it to the finals 3 more times than Jordan, and that would, to my mind, be clearly and unarguably be better.

(There is also, of course, the problem of judging individual greatness on team success, but I think the NBA lends itself to that particular fallacy more than the other major team sports.)

Ranking players based on Finals they won or played in is silly if you want to hold Jordan up on a pedestal. Kareem, the only other guy with a real legit argument as the GOAT IMO, played in like 10. I agree with Brian, It's more impressive to get there 10 times while winning 6 than going 6-0.

So we're just going to forget that Jordan retired twice when it's certainly possible he could have (and probably would have) won again the following year? I don't do this argument because nobody is even close to MJ. When someone gets close then we can discuss it..

That makes it worse, IMO.  He could have, in theory.  But he quit/retired/left/got suspended.  Whatever.  In the end, he didn't.

It's subjective, and I don't see anyone arguing.  What's wrong with throwing out other names?  It's not like Gilbert Arenas is being considered for GOAT.  A goat, maybe, but not GOAT.

Horace Grant leaving Chicago for Orlando is really underrated and undersold as a reason the Bulls wouldn't have won in 1995 even with Jordan playing a full season.

If you want to fantasy book Jordan not retiring and playing straight through 39-40 he wins in 91, 92, 93, 94, 96, probably '97 and that may be it, so he still likely finishes with 6. Jordan in 1998 against Utah was running on fumes and had to use every little trick he could think of to win, it's my favorite MJ performance, Pippen was falling apart and the team was really old. If they win that additional championship in 1994 (which isn't guaranteed 'cause Hakeem) then winning in 1998 and beyond might be too much to ask for, even from MJ, without a major, massive roster retooling and overhaul. I just don't see it.

• Like 1

They lost Horace Grant and had to go with Kukoc, Longley, Wennington, and Perdue down low in '95 and Hakeem is lurking if they can get to the Finals.

Horace Grant is really one of the most criminally underrated players of all time.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Whenever the topic of # of championships won is discussed there's always that one guy who says "Robert Horry and Steve Kerr must be the best ever!" as an attempt to make the argument look ridiculous when in fact it's a perfectly fine argument to have because basketball is a sport where the team with the best player usually wins..