DVDVR Message Board

The 2014 NBA Finals

Dolfan in NYC

When did the anthem get crowed pop lines other then 'home of the brave'?

Were they showing the same shots in the arena as on tv?  Because they popped when Pop and Timmy came up.

What the fuck does hand down man down EVEN MEAN!

In theory?  That if you don't have a hand up...  You'll die?  Not sure.  I mean, I guess the point is there "keep your hand up on the shot" but went with the easy saying rather than a logical one.

AND HOLY SHIT SPURS LEAD!

Seriously, Miami came out incredibly aggressive, Lebron came out in God Mode, the Spurs came out ice cold, Tony Parker couldn't hit jack shit, it had all the making of Miami running the Spurs out of their gym... 

Naturally, the Spurs are up 7 with 2:42 left in the first.

Parker, Mills & Green all shooting bad & Spurs still came back & took the lead. Crazy first half. Even with all the whistles, it was really exciting. Crowd was going totally banana.

I do expect Lebron to go bonkers in the second half.

So, Miami gave the Spurs their best shot that first 7 or 8 minutes.

Turns out it's a lot like Superman catches some random crook, and he opens fire at the Man of Steel.  And now it kinda looks like The Heat might be reduced to throwing the empty pistol at San Antonio, and hoping it somehow works better than the bullets did.

Lebron couldn't maintain the pace he started on (obviously, he wasn't going to score 68 on 20-28 shooting) but he needed a lot better than 1-5 for 3 points in the second.

Sadly for Miami, asking Lebron to both keep them in the game all day, AND win it at the end is too much.  He can't do it.  Not against a team this good.

Gotta love the way the Spurs just trust their process, keep working the system, and trust the shots will start falling.

I hit acceptance at halftime of the last game and there is no shame in losing to San Antonio as long as they compete in the loss. If I can't have a win tonight then I want Rio to get a DNP. I want Beasley, Jones, and Douglas to all get minutes tonight with Chalmers being confined to his warmups for the evening.

BqNvDONCUAA4LbO.jpg

I wish just once we could get a hot mic when Simmons goes off to the bathroom or something. I swear to God Sage Steele and Collins want to stab him in the heart.

• Like 1

I hit acceptance at halftime of the last game and there is no shame in losing to San Antonio as long as they compete in the loss. If I can't have a win tonight then I want Rio to get a DNP. I want Beasley, Jones, and Douglas to all get minutes tonight with Chalmers being confined to his warmups for the evening.

BqNvDONCUAA4LbO.jpg

I wish just once we could get a hot mic when Simmons goes off to the bathroom or something. I swear to God Sage Steele and Collins want to stab him in the heart.

Maybe I'm weird but I DO NOT want to hear a hot mic of Bill Simmons going to the bathroom