DVDVR Message Board

The Idiocy of Donald Sterling

Josh Mann

“I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years,” Lasorda told WPBF. “It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it, and he just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

“And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car.”

-          Tommy Lasorda on Donald Sterling and V. Stiviano

So, when does the V. Stiviano thing turn?  Seriously everyone is blaming her for leaking the tape, when there are probably 500 people who could have and would have leaked that tape if they had the oppurtunity.  She is crazy, and honestly just plain sad, but would anyone be surprised if someone else is to blame for this?  She doesn't seem like she has the intelligence/self-esteem to try to profit off of this shit.  Sterling admitted that he had all of his conversations recorded (worked well for Nixon too),  and odds are she wasn't the only one who had access to those tapes.  I sadly think we'll be hearing more about this woman and how shit has gone bad for her based on one random conversation that was caught on tape.

Weren't the conversations being taped because Sterling was thinking about writing his memoirs, and didn't want to forget what he had said?  If so, it's very possible that a ghost writer/editor/real personal assitant had access to the recordings.  Heck, the wife may have leaked them for all we know, and she's got millions of reasons to do it.

Tommy Lasorda always says crazy shit. He's bullet-proof in LA being a beloved figure, but he's got that awful old-world view when it comes to everything. He's also really old now. He's gonna say even crazier shit now. Might be best to keep him away from reporters.

“I’ve been a friend of that guy’s for 30 years,” Lasorda told WPBF. “It doesn’t surprise me that he said those things. That doesn’t surprise me. And he shouldn’t have said it, and he just hurt himself by talking too much and doing things that he shouldn’t be doing.

“And I don’t wish that girl any bad luck, but I hope she gets hit with a car.”

- Tommy Lasorda on Donald Sterling and V. Stiviano

He's the manager and he'll make the [bleep]ing decisions. It might be the wrong [bleep]ing decision but that's his [bleep]ing job. He don't [bleep]ing give a [bleep]. Keep your [bleep]ing mouth shut. He told ya.

Magic Johnson going to the Clippers game was a bit of a WTF moment. Sterling still owns the team. Wonder if Magic felt like a moron after hearing what Donald Sterling said in that interview were he said Magic wasn't a good example for the children of Los Angeles.

Is there anyone more clueless than his wife?  Showing up to games like she isn't a fucking piece of garbage too.

As clueless as she is - and that's quite clueless - I do think she's right on this point:

She wonders if the NBA would ban a team's owner if that owner's WIFE had said something awful.  I think it's a safe bet that she's right when she says no.

Is there anyone more clueless than his wife?  Showing up to games like she isn't a fucking piece of garbage too.

As clueless as she is - and that's quite clueless - I do think she's right on this point:

She wonders if the NBA would ban a team's owner if that owner's WIFE had said something awful.  I think it's a safe bet that she's right when she says no.

The thing that it very interesting is that she is co-owner of the team. Can the NBA force HER to sell? Probably, but the courts maybe be a callin'. That and I'm seeing stories that she is claiming Sterling is senile. The circus is just getting started, most likely.

The thing that it very interesting is that she is co-owner of the team. Can the NBA force HER to sell? Probably, but the courts maybe be a callin'. That and I'm seeing stories that she is claiming Sterling is senile. The circus is just getting started, most likely.

According to the NBA's interpretation of their own constitution - which Mrs Sterling disagrees with - when the NBA terminates the rights of the controlling owner in a group (Donald Sterling in this case), the ownership rights for all other owners in that group are terminated at the same time.

No the NBA has flat out side all they need to remove the ownership group of any team is one three-fourths vote. Any judge is going to side with the NBAs reading of ots rules. Plus it's really really amusing for Mrs Sterling to act like she didn't have any thing to do with Mr Sterlings dealings when reports about the housing issue site her as going door to door claiming to be an agent of the government to get date on residents

This is like the third or fourth time you've insisted that the courts are somehow going to decide to overturn the stipulation NBA owners signed on to in their contracts saying that they can be forced to sell by a three-fourths vote of the owners.

Do you have any basis for this belief whatsoever other than supposed certainty on the part of the Sterlings?

From what ESPN's legal expert said on a local DC podcast the whole thing would automatically go into arbitration and not the courts anyway because that's how the owners contracts are written.  So there's pretty much no chance of a court even being allowed to preside over it unless Sterling has a judge in his back pocket.

Shelly Sterling is angling to have her husband declared mentally unfit, thus making her the controlling Clippers owner.  That's obvious.  Her posturing won't matter.  If anyone thinks that Adam Silver--a man who can recite the NBA bylaws in his sleep--hasn't lined up everything and everyone he needs to get rid of the Sterlings, then you're woefully misguided.  That was made clear when Silver banned Sterling for life.  Silver has this covered.  The Sterlings are merely swapping chairs on the Titanic.

This is like the third or fourth time you've insisted that the courts are somehow going to decide to overturn the stipulation NBA owners signed on to in their contracts saying that they can be forced to sell by a three-fourths vote of the owners.

Do you have any basis for this belief whatsoever other than supposed certainty on the part of the Sterlings?

All i've insisted is that Sterling will try to go to court. NBA has its bylaws, but it is subject to anti trust laws. Whether that is in play I have no idea. All I read up to Silver's ruling is that Sterling is a litigious bastard who will go down swinging. . . . 

And by the way, how do you blow a mea culpa interview THAT badly? Whoever prepped Sterling needs to be shot.

OR that publicist has the world's most impossible client. One of these two things is true.

All i've insisted is that Sterling will try to go to court. NBA has its bylaws, but it is subject to anti trust laws. Whether that is in play I have no idea. All I read up to Silver's ruling is that Sterling is a litigious bastard who will go down swinging. . . . If I'm wrong so be it.