DVDVR Message Board

April 2014 Football Thread

The Natural

USA! USA! USA! That was a beautiful set play for a 1-0 lead!

Oh I'm sorry did I say 1? I mean 2-0! USA looks more competent in the 1st half than I've seen in awhile.

Mexico opens up the second half with a wonderful header to the lower right hand corner to send it to 2-1

Oh I'm sorry did I say 1? I mean 2-2! Mexico looks more competent in the 2nd half than I've seen in awhile.

Wow this game has gone nuts in the last fifteen minutes.  Loads of end to end action.

Man what a shit offsides call to take a US goal off the board.

I don't think that Julian Green should've had a penalty shot but that there should have been a free kick.

This was a fun game to watch but man either play like this in Brazil it could get ugly really quick.

per Cadena Ser, Supposedly FIFA told Barca the punishment is "Final" and "unappealable"

www.cadenaser.com/futbol/articulo/fifa-prohibe-barcelona-fichar-verano-2015/csrcsrpor/20140402csrcsrftb_3/Tes 

(translated)

"So the penalty for not signing during the next two transfer periods (summer 2014 and winter 2015) is irrevocable."

They've also fined Barcelona 500,000 francs and told them they have 90 days to change their registration (ie, get rid of the 10 minors they signed from France/Korea)

I thought it was okay to sign youth players if they're coming from EU nations, so why are they in shit for signing French players?

Only 16-18 years count for the EU rule.

If the following situations do not apply, it's a violation and FIFA can levy sanctions:

A) Parents have moved to the area already for NON-SOCCER related reasons

B ) 16-18 years old (EU to EU only)

C) They live within 50km of the border they'll be crossing (Portugal into spain for example)

Got season tickets for the New York Cosmos. May have my issues with the Borough Boys, but respect that they stuck with the Cosmos when the easy thing would've been to bail on them for City lite. The fact that they have a free shuttle from Mineola LIRR stop to stadium makes things easy for me.