DVDVR Message Board

April 2014 Football Thread

The Natural

If refs are going to gave shockingly poor games, they need to do it in low profile Saturday 3:00 kickoffs and not the high profile TV games.

Would have sucked to have been done like that, glad Liverpool pulled out the 2-1 because I did not fancy this game one bit.

10153998_10153969617780627_4029551832482

If Tottenham win tomorrow, 5th place doesn't feel impossible - Arsenal are a spent force.

There's a saying in football when a ref makes a dodgy decision against you - "It'll even itself out over the season"

I didn't expect it to even itself out in the second half.

So, FSW, what are you thinking for Harms' new forum name? Great to see both Merseyside clubs likely to qualify for the champions league. Fuck Arsenal.

Nervy game against the Hammers but that was to be expected. There hasn't been a bigger Liverpool league game since the Arsenal/Arshavin one in '09 than next Sunday's tilt. 

Incredibly, Leicester have already clinched promotion to the BPL with six games left. Barnwell's going pants-free for the weekend.

I want to like El Rey covering Liga MX but HOLY FUCK their announcer is brutally obnoxious. Like a fourth-rate English Andres Cantor on meth.

• Like 1

Chris Hughton sacked as manager of Norwich. U18 coach Neil Adams appointed as new manager. Not entirely sure it'll make much difference. Apparently, all 7 teams at the bottom of the league have changed their managers this season, with this being the 9th managerial change.

Norwich are fucked now with the fixtures they have remaining.

Fulham

Liverpool

United

Chelsea

Final game of the season against arsenal.

Dont see the canaries staying up at this rate.

would be good to see Fulham stay up though.

Norwich are fucked now with the fixtures they have remaining.

Fulham

Liverpool

United

Chelsea

Final game of the season against arsenal.

Dont see the canaries staying up at this rate.

would be good to see Fulham stay up though.

I think Cardiff City and Sunderland are done, it's seeing who goes down with them. Fancy it to be Norwich or West Brom.

Bayern looked good enough from the little I saw, but over the last few years it seemed English clubs are their least favourite to play against.

Funny how Real vs Dortmund were almost the same games as last years semi-final, only with a reversed outcome.
I find hard to judge Atletico, solid seems to be the most fitting term to describe their game, albeit solid on a very high level. Actually no real idea how Chelsea made it that far, but the same could have been said for 2012 and we all know how that ended (and I´m quite sure a lot of us still refuse to believe it).