DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: APRIL

Dolfan in NYC

You can't ban people coming off the bench in a baseball fight for a very simple and obvious reason.  In basketball, football, hockey, etc you have the same number of people on the court/field/ice/whatever for both teams.  In baseball, the best case scenario in a big brawl without the benches is 9 on 4.  If there's a fight, you have to be able to protect your teammates.

Hence the bolded part of my original suggestion:

- I'd like to see big-time suspensions for guys who leave their positions or benches to join a fight.

If only Joe Buck would leave his position...

Apparently, he and Michelle Beisner got married recently.

I believe that's called "winning".

michelle-beisner-4.jpg

• Like 1

It bugs me when pitchers get 5 and 10 game suspensions. If , say, Solarte were caught cheating and suspended 10 games the Yanks would be without his bat for all 10 of those games. 8 of the 10 games Pineda is suspended for he wouldn't have been appearing in anyway.

It bugs me when pitchers get 5 and 10 game suspensions. If , say, Solarte were caught cheating and suspended 10 games the Yanks would be without his bat for all 10 of those games. 8 of the 10 games Pineda is suspended for he wouldn't have been appearing in anyway.

I'm not sure what the right solution is.  Maybe some kind of deal where their team has to go through their normal rotation X times with their suspender pitcher missing or something.  I dunno.

Why couldn't mlb/mlbpa say pitcher suspensions for starting pitchers are for x number of starts where starts have to be with there normal time frame ie minimum 3 days between starts. Cause and I could be wrong the reason it works now is teams can simply say x pitcher would have come in from the bullpen if he hadn't been suspended