DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

I did think it was funny that when you use Paypal to sign up for the Network the company shown is tied to Major League Baseball but since they are sort of the same system so makes sense

It is up now for me but I don't give much of a chance to survive longer than an hour or so.

Signed up.  Buffering makes the live stream unwatchable....looks like i'm gonna have to bump up my internet connection.  The roku app is straight garbage and nothing will load.  Urge to kill rising....rising...

Before you kill anything, the buffering is probably from WWE's end, not yours.

• Like 1

When they first announced the network I purchased a Roku 2 for my second tv. I assumed it would work seamlessly the way my PS3 does. Turns out, it's kind of a piece of crap. It connects when it feels like it. Loads at odd times, etc. I had some success with moving using a longer HDMI cable and moving the Roku much closer to my router.

Eventually, I may have to move my cable modem into the same room at the Roku and hook it up directly to the device.

Right now, don't blame your own connections for the issues.  Its most likely the WWE's problem, as anyone who knows how site launches work, this is the norm.  I'm not worried about it working for WM yet, as they have over a month to tweak everything to handle the traffic, which you can't simulate, you have to go through the live launch first.

• Like 4

I can't even get to the sign-up page on WWE.com. Living on the West Coast really puts you at a disadvantage for signing up for things like this. People were already signing up before I was even awake. 

Best bet is honestly, give it a few hours for the initial hit to die down and load balances to be made.  

Maybe more like a day from the sounds of it.

People are using the Obamacare reference and while it is similar I hope it is because everyone is trying to access it and not complete programmer incompetence.   I know that it is using the MLB blueprint but it isn't like millions of people are watching the World Series or All Star online at the same time.