DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

So, today wasn't a good Destiny day for me.  When I got off of work this morning it was later than usual and I just wanted to knock out the Nightfall so I took to reddit and found a couple of dudes to join me.  One of them was a lvl 28 who was a good player and knew what he was doing and the other was a lvl 27 who continually put himself into trouble.  But we went through the strike with very little issues other than having to run out into trouble to revive the one dude.  In the end we got Sepiks Prime down to about a quarter of his health left and me and the other good dude just got in a bad spot and died.  The other guy was already dead.  So the guy that was decent only had 30min to play before he had to go to work so he had to bolt.  So go back to orbit with the numbskull and got another person.  This guy didn't have a mic and he was worse than the other guy about running straight into trouble.  But we got to the end and I got snuck up on and died and once that happened it was over.  So I didn't finish.  And I slept too long to play before work this evening so I'll have to try again in the morning. 

PSA- If you're lvl 27 or lower in the Nightfall you can't put yourself out there at all because almost everything can one shot you.  You also need to have a good arc damage weapon for those captains in the wave part and a solar weapon for the shanks. 

Bittersweet night.  We kicked ass and got our asses kicked.  One of our wins was pretty unfair.  The network caught a lag spike while we were getting our asses beat and nearly the entire enemy team got booted.  We massacred the new guys as they loaded into the match.   A win is a win, but it felt kinda cheap.

Finshed my 50 Headshots and Kill 35 Hunters bounties.  Still need 8 more successful melee kills to complete the third.  We ran up against a lot of camping teams keeping their distance, so I got more headshots than usual since going in for melees was suicidal.

I also got the weirdest Nail In The Coffin medal.  I hit a guy with my Incendiarly Throwing Knife but it wasn't a headshot and I got shotgunned to death.   I respawned just in time for the dude to finally die from DoT and I got awarded a Party's Over medal for ending a guys 15+ Killstreak as well as the Nail In The Coffin medal for scoring the winning kill.

• Like 1

Well it was more I was trying to get the Public Event Bounty - not the Walker bounty.

I have to do the Devil's Lair plenty to begin with since I am still working on completing 25 strikes exotic bounty

Well it was more I was trying to get the Public Event Bounty - not the Walker bounty.

I have to do the Devil's Lair plenty to begin with since I am still working on completing 25 strikes exotic bounty

I think I logged off just as you logged on.

Xur has the Exotic Gunslinger helmet that I hate and the weapon of the week is a fucking Rocket Launcher.  Why pay for an Exotic Heavy Weapon when I can get this bounty done and earn one for almost free?

I just bought the item I needed for my Exotic Bounty for 1 Strange Coin and I bought the Exotic Chest Armor Engram for 23 Motes of Light which naturally, given my horrible luck with Engrams, turned into Titan armor that I will gift to my alt. 

I am not sure if I want to burn 23 more Motes of Light to get another Exotic Chest Armor Engram only to have it turn into something my main guy can't use...

..Getting a second piece of Exotic Titan Armor would send me over the deep end.

I have maxed my Vanguard Marks for the week and am three short of getting a Legendary weapon.  I am ten short of maxing out Crucible marks for the week.  I have more than enough for a Crucible Legendary Weapon, but am nowhere close to Rank 3.

*sigh*  Another few days of shitty Blue weapons in my future.

At least Salvage is up this weekend.   I am not heading to my girlfriends until Tomorrow and I will be back by 5PM on Sunday to get my kid back to my ex's.  I will be up for doing a lot of Salvage matches tonight and on Sunday afternoon to get that Grimoire card and work on this achievement.

And Jesus, the last Clash match of the evening yesterday was brutal.  I kicked ass two matches straight but instead of going out like a champion, I had to be dragged over the finish line by the rest of my team.

I'm gonna have to start using marks to buy fusion rifles since I'm getting zero fucking drops

Stupid fucking bounties

At least you buy Legendary Weapons.  I have the Vanguard Rank to buy weapons, but not enough Marks, and I have Crucible Marks to buy weapons, but not enough Rank.

I am three Vanguard Marks short from a weapon.  THREE~!  AND I CANNOT EARN ANYMORE UNTIL NEXT TUESDAY~!

Stupid fucking game.

Hey, Rippa.  I know you love your Exotic gauntlets that make you look like you have Tech Armor from Mass Effect and all, but if you see the Titan armor that Xur has available this week, you may lose your shit and be tempted to buy it.

Click on the image to get to the stat page @ Destinypedia.

The_armamentarium.jpg

That looks badass.

I used to think this game hated Hunters, but now I think it just specifically hates me.

Oh, and I just realized, Rippa, that you are using a New Monarchy Auto-Rifle as your primary weapon.  Are you going to use it from here on out or are you eventually going to get the Dead Orbit Legendary AR, Unwilling Soul-09?

I played the first two Venus missions last night, and I am beyond happy that I am playing this as a level 19 at the moment.

The Vex would annoy the hell out of me otherwise.

If I had played Eye of the Gate Lord at the suggested level, I would have lost my shit.

Being overpowered payed huge dividends.

I both love and hate the Glimmer cap.  I hate hitting the ceiling in the middle of pushing through Crucible matches, but the cap did force me to buy something and I got a badass Rune of the Machine emblem for my Titan alt. 

Good bye, shitty Jade Rabbit emblem.

have your low-level dipshit jump through the window up the stairs and to the left of sepiks prime at the beginning of that boss battle.  He won't die there, and it will leave you to do work without having to worry about reviving his sorry ass all the time.

Ha!  I did the Devi's Lair with my Warlock alt and we had a complete dumbass (Gamertag: xLINEMANx) running with us. 

He got on my bad side early by remaining idle while the other player and I did the fucking Mesh Level stage almost entirely by ourselves.  I sent him a PM (move ur ass!) and he send me back a PM (fuck u) and then finally showed up to help out.

He died a lot during the Devil Walker phase.  I think I heard GUARDIAN DOWN~! once every five minutes.  I kept reviving his sorry ass because I did not want to get sent back to a checkpoint if we all got smoked.  The more guns shooting at the tank, the better.

He got perished four times during the fight with Sepkis-Prime and finally bailed through the Bitches Portal.  I was annoyed at first, but he was at least bright enough to leave the warfighting to people who knew how to soldier.

I logged off for the night after that and forgot to put this asshole on my Avoid List.  I am hoping one day to run into him in the Crucible when he is on the other team.  That way i can blow his brains out a couple times and then put him on my Avoid List for being stupid and being a yellow, egg-sucking dog.

Tried my first Clash match tonight (all my other Crucible experience has been with Control matches). Got a bounty that said to do 5 Clash matches, so I said what the hell.

GOOD: Got a Triple Down and a Space Magic medal.

BAD: Everything else, pretty much. . .those three kills represented 60% of my total for the match and my K/D ratio was about .43.

Tried my first Clash match tonight (all my other Crucible experience has been with Control matches). Got a bounty that said to do 5 Clash matches, so I said what the hell.

GOOD: Got a Triple Down and a Space Magic medal.

BAD: Everything else, pretty much. . .those three kills represented 60% of my total for the match and my K/D ratio was about .43.

The Crucible is an enjoyable cluster fuck, but a cluster fuck nonetheless.  Don't worry about K/D because Stat-based PvP is mechanically unfair anyway. 

That being said, it will get frustrating... very frustrating.. You will get angry with yourself and you will get angry with your teammates, especially when they do dumb things like letting you get shot to pieces before counter-attacking.

Enemy Players with better gear will usually kill you almost instantly.  It will bug you, but try not to let it bug you too much.

Stay close to a teammate and fight selflessly. Those are the only things you can do.  As your gear improves, so will you.

Don't forget that you have magical powers.  Use your Grenade, Super, and Special Melee as often as you use your other weapons.

• Like 1