DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Hell yeah! Finally the alarm I set to check the Gunsmith worked. Now I need to somehow get 200 kills in a Nightfall strike.

I'm literally getting two an attempt

Btw - just so you know - only kills in restricted area count toward the bounty

• Like 1

Yep, don't waste any time killing the guys on patrol.  I did a nightfall with a guy working on this bounty and he was telling me about that.  Another helpful tip I heard is to shoot em down pretty good with your primary and then swap over to the fusion rifle for the kill shot(s).  Also conserves special ammo. 

sigh...maybe one day I will get a damn exotic weapon bounty.  I even have 10 rare fusion rifles saved up in the vault for a special occasion lol. 

Hell yeah! Finally the alarm I set to check the Gunsmith worked. Now I need to somehow get 200 kills in a Nightfall strike.

Destiny Companion is good for something.  I thought I was the only person on earth that knew about the vendor alerts you can set to let you know when a particular item is in stock.

I got the Triple Play achievement (Kill a Hunter, Warlock, & Titan in PvP without dying) and my first Breaker medal last night during Clash.  Gjallerhorn's Smart Munitions are the fucking best. 

I was hoping that I'd get a Splash Damage medal for killing three enemy players at once, but two dudes were just out of range so I had to fire the second rocket to get them.  I killed them fast enough for the Breaker medal to unlock.

Did three quick Vanguard bounties this morning and now I FINALLY have a Legendary primary weapon.  I went with The Devil You Know since I am pretty good with Hand Cannons.   I am a little over 400 Rep points from Crucible Rank 3.  I should get there by the weekend. 

I have enough Strange Coins and Motes of light to shop at Xur's on Friday.  Hopefully he will have some Exotic Hunter Armor that I am interested in.  If he has the Lucky Raspberry chest armor or the Mask of he Third Man helmet, I am buying it.

Availability of Exotic Armor will pretty much determine what class of Legendary weapon I pick to use as my regular Special Weapon.  If I get The Mask of the Third Man, then I will continue to use a Sniper Rifle, but if Lucky Raspberry is there, I will start packing a Fusion Rifle.

Yep, it is what it sounds like.  I am thinking about Vault of Glass raid configuration for my Hunter.

I got TWO Legendary Engrams yesterday.  They both converted into Warlock gear that I will gift to my alt, even though I could really use the shards I'd get for breaking the gear down towards the final upgrade for my Hunter boots.  Sometimes I hate this game.

• Like 1

The one disadvantage to getting fairly decent at Crucible is that I'm constantly yelling DOUBLE DOWN BITCHES!!! and then my wife getting pissed at me.

Yeah, I am probably in the dog house for the i Cannot Talk About Wendy Williams's Celebrity Gossip Right Now Honey, I'm In The Middle Of A Firefight conversation I had last night with my girlfriend.  Dinner at our favorite sushi restaurant this weekend may be in order.

The timing of her phone calls is totally suspect.   I need to check my house for webcams.

Cowards on our team totally cost us victory in all four PvP matches yesterday.  I am quite angry about that.  At least the Steelers did not piss the game away.

The last two Crucible losses were particularly brutal.  We had three team members with K/D's below .20 and those guys were over Level 20.  The lowbies on our team tried harder than they did.

I checked out McNapkins's Bungie profile and for a guy that has some pretty respectable medals, he sure was total shit in our Clash match.  He's won a Rumble match which is more than I can say I have done.

• Like 1

Since I'm all purpled out on my armor, it's time to start upgrading it. Luckily, only my chest piece requires Relic Iron, which I fucking hate collecting because I can't find it. That, and I find Mars super boring. Everything else takes Helium. I exhausted all of the Helium, Sapphire and Glimmer I had incredibly fast. It's been awhile since I dipped below 25,000 Glimmer, but buying all of those Fusion Rifles did me in. 

So...this part of the game can eat my ass. Oh my God is it fucking boring farming Helium. The one upside is getting a Public Event and if I bothered looking up the schedule for those, I'd spend an hour farming Public Events as well. So far, I'm one upgrade away from my final three upgrades on my helmet (the ones that require Ascendant Shards), I'm on my last two upgrades for my boots, and last three upgrades for my gauntlets. I haven't even started on my chest piece. My question is this, I'm close to level 27 now, so what level can I expect to hit when I've upgraded everything? I'd like to be able to play a Nightfall Strike, but that seems damn near impossible. You need to be level 28 for it and I'm sure you need to be 29 to beat it because everything is probably resistant to your ammo.

Farming Helium Fragments is the worst.  

I always do my resource scavenging runs in conjunction with some other activity like working on Vanguard Bounties or hunting for Gold Chests or Dead Ghosts so that it does not seem like a complete waste of time.

Forgot to mention earlier, I finally got a Gold Tier completion this morning for that damned Stop The Vex Sacrifices public event this morning while I was on patrol on Venus.  It took four Level 24+ players to get the job done.  The stage where the Hydras and Axis Minotaurs all charge at once can kiss my ass. 

Got two Ascendant Shards for my trouble, so it was worth the effort.  Four more will complete my last upgrade for my Dustwalker boots.  I was tempted to strip the Legendary Warlock gear I have in storage and use the shards, but I still have to max out the Warlock and Titan classes for the achievements so I may as well keep some good junk in mothballs for my alts.

• Like 2

A lot of folks went on the list last night

Especially when you finish and see that they are doing a strike - since the fucker can't even use the excuse that he lost power

Have not been able to get an ascendant shard in DAYS. I've tried so many things. I've gotten gold in many Public Events recently and have either gotten zilch, or A.Energy waiting in the mail. I'm desperate to fully upgrade my exotic helm to finally be level 28. So frustrating.

Have not been able to get an ascendant shard in DAYS. I've tried so many things. I've gotten gold in many Public Events recently and have either gotten zilch, or A.Energy waiting in the mail. I'm desperate to fully upgrade my exotic helm to finally be level 28. So frustrating.

Do your Daily and Weekly stuff on the highest difficulty that you can stand without throwing your controller at the television set.  The harder difficulties will gain you one or two Ascendant materials.

One of these days I will be brave enough to do a Nightfall strike.

One of these days I will be brave enough to do a Nightfall strike.

I am going to force you to do it just so I have someone to revive me as I try to get Fusion Rifle kills

I did a daily on 28 yesterday. Got two Ascendant Energies. I went "....motherfucker!" and my friends laughed and laughed at my plight.

Haven't tried the weekly for this week yet though. I'm really crossing my fingers. I need five more shards for an upgrade.

I did a daily on 28 yesterday. Got two Ascendant Energies. I went "....motherfucker!" and my friends laughed and laughed at my plight.

Haven't tried the weekly for this week yet though. I'm really crossing my fingers. I need five more shards for an upgrade.

Sometimes it is a gift mission and sometimes it is the most unbelievably frustrating thing ever.  Sometimes I do the Daily on Level 28 and I am like, "That was it?" and other times I am like, "KLAKEHRHWEARYLWCLJKAE MUST KILL~!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

i have been one shard short of an upgrade and have gotten zip from three Public Events in a row.  The algorithm hates me and wants me to die ninety times in the Weekly strike.

the other way to get shards it to trade in marks for legendary armor pieces and then break them down

You should get 2 to 3 shards (depending on if you upgrading it a little)

the other way to get shards it to trade in marks for legendary armor pieces and then break them down

You should get 2 to 3 shards (depending on if you upgrading it a little)

What he said. 

If you've got your Weapon / Armor slots filled up with the Legendary items you like, max out your Crucible / Vanguard Marks and spend them on Leg, Chest, or Arm armor items that you can dismantle for shards.  That should set you back no more than 65 marks per item.

Tearing down Legendary weapons for Ascendant Energy is a more expensive proposition since all Vanguard / Crucible / Faction weapons are about 150 marks per item.

Yeah, thanks for the tips. I have a second pair of slightly upgraded legendary boots that I don't mind breaking down. I haven't really touched Crucible, so I'll have to see how many Vanguard marks I have. I probably have a decent amount to buy something to break down.

I have an Exotic Chest piece (but for a different class). I'm holding out on breaking that one down though because I'm working on a Hunter and by the time he's 20, I'll be glad I kept it.

Yeah, thanks for the tips. I have a second pair of slightly upgraded legendary boots that I don't mind breaking down. I haven't really touched Crucible, so I'll have to see how many Vanguard marks I have. I probably have a decent amount to buy something to break down.

I have an Exotic Chest piece (but for a different class). I'm holding out on breaking that one down though because I'm working on a Hunter and by the time he's 20, I'll be glad I kept it.

I have a Legendary helmet and body armor I am saving for my Warlock alt and my Titan alt has an Uncommon Auto-Rifle and an Exotic Machine Gun waiting for him.

I have also passed down two uncommon jumpships to my alts.

Was on GTA for a couple hours last night and finally got so sick of all the glitchers online that I went out and bought Destiny this morning.  

I really should have started the install process before going out to start errands earlier, cause now I'm just sitting here for forever waiting on it to finish.

• Like 2