DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL DRAFT

RIPPA

The bluster over height and 40 times at the combine is the real sports equivalent of arguing over star ratings.

So what your saying is since none of can throw a 20 yard out with pin point accuracy or run a sub 10 40 yard we shouldn't judge football players at the combine?

I read that more as stats don't matter if you can't back it up on the field. . . .

I think of the underrated things about the Combine for the fans is listening to the guys on NFL Network breaking down what you should be looking for in each drill, how it translates to the pros, etc..

I mean I do not like Michael Irvin but if the man knows about anything it is how to play receiver in the NFL and I could listen to him all day breakdown how he would catch passes, which hand was better, the proper way to look over your shoulder, etc...

He's not Sproles short, he's just not a big guy. 5'8", 173 lb. I don't see him breaking many tackles. Sproles is a lot heavier even being listed at 5'6".

Oh and Adam Muema of San Diego State left the combine without doing anything because "God told him to"

Apparently - Muema's dream is to play for the Seahawks and in this conversation with God, that would happen if he didn't participate in the combine.

Yup...

Oh and Adam Muema of San Diego State left the combine without doing anything because "God told him to"

Apparently - Muema's dream is to play for the Seahawks and in this conversation with God, that would happen if he didn't participate in the combine.

Yup...

Is this like when Rampage Jackson freaked out and found Jesus and decided what Jesus wanted him to do was punch people in the face really hard a lot?

The bluster over height and 40 times at the combine is the real sports equivalent of arguing over star ratings.

So what your saying is since none of can throw a 20 yard out with pin point accuracy or run a sub 10 40 yard we shouldn't judge football players at the combine?

I'd like to think most of us could run a sub 10 40 yard dash. :)

Michael Sam ran a 4.91  40.    Yikes.  

But he'll slip out of the first round because he's infected with teh gay!  It couldn't possibly be because he's not athletic enough to be a top draft pick in the NFL.  Cuz, ya know, nobody's ever won an SEC Player of the Year trophy without being an NFL-ready superstud that should be taken #1 overall:

nfl_u_tebow_576.jpg

And by chance, I just happened to select an image that captures in one easy photo exactly why Tebow wasn't NFL ready coming out of college (hint: it's that really long windup for those of you not familiar with QB mechanics).

DC lobbyist Jack Burkman is drafting legislation that would ban gay players from the NFL.  

”We are losing our decency as a nation,” Burkman said in a statement. "Imagine your son being forced to shower with a gay man. That’s a horrifying prospect for every mom in the country. What in the world has this nation come to?”

Oh, and FYI, 7 years ago, Jack Burkman was named as one of the DC Madam's clients AND was named by 2 prostitutes who use Craigslist.