DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

So Andres Muschietti (who directed Mama) was supposed to direct the reboot of The Mummy

I say "supposed to" because he has left due to "Creative Differences"

Apparently he wanted to make a "darker" movie and Universal is all about keeping it more family friendly like the Brendan Fraser ones were

Saban and Lionsgate have announced plans to develop a Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers movie.

WHO WILL BE CAST AS BULK AND SKULL~?

The Pink Ranger will be the reborn teen girl marketing bonanza if this movie is a hit.

So Andres Muschietti (who directed Mama) was supposed to direct the reboot of The Mummy

I say "supposed to" because he has left due to "Creative Differences"

Apparently he wanted to make a "darker" movie and Universal is all about keeping it more family friendly like the Brendan Fraser ones were

As much as I despise the Nolanization of every movie concept available, if you are essentially going to do the same thing with The Mummy as you did before why reboot it at all?

If Andres Muschietti wants to do a dark movie with a classic Universal monster in it, let that mother fucker draft the modern Creature From The Black Lagoon treatment I have wanted since forever.

• Like 1

Saban and Lionsgate have announced plans to develop a Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers movie.

WHO WILL BE CAST AS BULK AND SKULL~?

The Pink Ranger will be the reborn teen girl marketing bonanza if this movie is a hit.

Call me crazy, but the dudes who played Bulk and Skull should just return to those roles. I think Bulk appears in random Disney shows now.

If they are going to do a reboot and have everyone in high school again, then they should recast Bulk & Skull.

If it were me, I'd put as many of the popular actors in cameos as I could (Jason Frank, Jason Lee, Amy Jo Johnson, Tracy Lynn Cruz).

Give Pattinson credit where it's due.  Since the Twilight saga wrapped up, he's taken roles in several serious films.  He's putting forth a legitimate effort, and FWIW, I think he's got a decent amount of talent.

It helps that Guy Pearce is all kinds of awesome.

Per Seth Rogen, James Franco will be playing Tommy Wiseau in the upcoming movie about The Room.

Best thing about this is that Franco has been out-creepying even Wiseau these days.

Rise of the Planet of the Apes was one of my favorite movies from 2011, if not one of the most surprisingly good movies I've seen. I never, EVER expected to get all weepy during that movie, and yet it happened a couple times. "Caesar is home."

I'm completely pumped up for this one. It all feels very much like the jump from 28 Days Later to 28 Weeks Later.

And dammit anyway, it's about time we had 28 Months Later, even though it's been way longer than that.

John Lasseter was the last person to win the Special Achievement Oscar and that was in 95 for Toy Story. You would think with all the support he gets, Serkis would a least get that for what he's done for motion capture. There's gotta be some dumb loophole as to why he hasn't gotten nominated for something. He's actually acting. It's not like he's just doing a voice in a studio with the director telling him how to say certain things.