DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Good call. I hope there's another monster in there somewhere, as except for the original, all the ones where it's just Godzilla are weak. I can't tell from the footage, but if there's eggs, and Godzilla's going to fight another kaiju, there's only one logical choice....

I liked the way "Godzilla Against Mechagodzilla" (2004?) toyed a bit with some plot holes like there being so much discrepancy in Godzilla's appearances from the ending the original film. They even incorporated the original Godzilla into Mechagodzilla's origin & development.

Now I want to watch all the Mechagodzilla films...

No trailer yet, but have you guys heard about this KUMIKO THE TREASURE HUNTER movie from Sundance with Rinko Kikuchi? 

Kumiko lives in a cluttered, cramped apartment in Tokyo with her pet rabbit, Bunzo. She works as an office lady, robotically preparing tea and fetching dry cleaning for her nitpicky boss. But on her own time, she obsessively watches a well-known American film (Fargo) on a weathered VHS tape. Rewinding and fast-forwarding repeatedly, she meticulously maps out where a briefcase of castaway loot is buried within the fictional film. After hours of intense research—convinced that her destiny depends on finding the money—Kumiko heads to the United States and into the harsh Minnesota winter in search of her mythical fortune.

Pics of Sin City 2: 

21br8nd.jpg

2v0kbup.jpg

This is probably the last time you'll see Jessica Alba in a movie theater. God damn, she's terrible.

I'm interested in seeing how this and 300: Rise of an Empire will do. There's been a bunch of TV shows and movies that used their style, it doesn't feel fresh anymore. Even Frank Miller got into it with The Spirit.

Did 300 need a sequel eight years later?

• Like 1

Jesus, it's been EIGHT Years????!!!!  Sin City came out in 2005.  Time is flying by

I'm interested in seeing how Sin City 2 performs critically and at the box office with the lengthy delay. I really liked Sin City, haven't watched it in years.

Pics of Sin City 2: 

This is probably the last time you'll see Jessica Alba in a movie theater. God damn, she's terrible.

Man...As long as Robert Rodriguez is making half-assed in-jokes that pass for "movies," Alba will always have work.

I don't really care if she can act or not - you're right, she's not any good - so long as she looks as hot as she does in that poster, she'll find work.  Jess has had the #1 spot on Tabe's Top 10 for a long, long time...

• Like 1

Honestly, was the first Sin City even that good? Mickey Rourke's epic acting was the only thing saving it from disaster. Everyone else had all the personality of a piece of cardboard.

Really?  I never noticed.

sin_city_5.jpg

What's up with all these A-list actors appearing in direct to DVD/generally shitty action movies lately? De Niro, Travolta, Pacino and arguably Schwarzenegger and Stallone are the biggest offenders. I know Hollywood is a young man's town, but I would not expect to see these guys filmography in a Redbox as often as I do.

Honestly, was the first Sin City even that good? Mickey Rourke's epic acting was the only thing saving it from disaster. Everyone else had all the personality of a piece of cardboard.

Really? I never noticed.

sin_city_5.jpg

I wish my ebay shipments would arrive in boxes with titties like that!

What's up with all these A-list actors appearing in direct to DVD/generally shitty action movies lately? De Niro, Travolta, Pacino and arguably Schwarzenegger and Stallone are the biggest offenders. I know Hollywood is a young man's town, but I would not expect to see these guys filmography in a Redbox as often as I do.

Bruce Willis has had a ton of stuff go straight-to-DVD too. If Fox ever do get around to making that John McClaine show that's always being talked about, they could feasibly get him to be in it, judging by how his film career's going.