DVDVR Message Board

Talk Is Jericho

BrianS81177

Funny to hear Jericho's son review the Battleground.  Even he was shocked that Wyatt lost.  Gives a good perspective on the younger fan perspective, even though he knows it's all a work. 

His Dad sounded like every "AWA" fan ever to me

• 2 weeks later...

Jericho has Dustin and Cody on this episode and it's pretty fun.  Dustin seems to either talk very low or is off mic at times, but Cody really helps tie up some of Dustin's stuff since he can remember certain things.

I just loved the story Dustin told about Wrestlemania 12. That was a great story. We talked in length on the podcast I did discussing Wrestlemania 12 about the hilarity of the OJ footage. 

It had been years since I had watched anything other than the Iron Man match from that show (At least since like 2002).

Jesse interview is supposed to be great.

I really enjoyed it. 

I thought Jericho's talk with Chael Sonnen was great too.  It was pretty awesome how they met for the first time the day prior on an LA-Portland flight where the WWE crew was coming back from Australia headed to Portland for RAW and Chael was headed back to Portland from the grappling competition he did that weekend and they just happened to be on the same flight.  Chael's account of running into Flair at the airport bar:  "Hey, I saw you fight that black guy, good to meet you..." and Flair had no idea what his name was, lol.  And from sitting near Jericho on the plane he did a podcast with him the next day, and Jericho comped him tickets to RAW (Chael was there front row and they never acknowledged him on TV).  Apparently they're going to do another podcast where Chael will "guest host" and just ask Jericho tons of wrestling stuff.  Can't wait.

I really enjoyed it. 

I thought Jericho's talk with Chael Sonnen was great too.  It was pretty awesome how they met for the first time the day prior on an LA-Portland flight where the WWE crew was coming back from Australia headed to Portland for RAW and Chael was headed back to Portland from the grappling competition he did that weekend and they just happened to be on the same flight.  Chael's account of running into Flair at the airport bar:  "Hey, I saw you fight that black guy, good to meet you..." and Flair had no idea what his name was, lol.  And from sitting near Jericho on the plane he did a podcast with him the next day, and Jericho comped him tickets to RAW (Chael was there front row and they never acknowledged him on TV).  Apparently they're going to do another podcast where Chael will "guest host" and just ask Jericho tons of wrestling stuff.  Can't wait.

How would they acknowledge Sonnen?  "Hey, there's recently suspending for PED use MMA personality Chael Sonnen."

I wouldn't expect them to acknowledge him and they shouldn't have, he has too much heat at the moment, but they did comp him front row tickets thanks to Y2J :)

Equally funny was after the suspension Chael getting a pre-emptive phone call from someone in WWE just to tell him "hey, we're not interested right now.....but if TNA calls you, call us back first"

Chael is a Grade A bullshit artist, but that was a funny story

I really enjoyed it. 

How would they acknowledge Sonnen?  "Hey, there's recently suspending for PED use MMA personality Chael Sonnen."

hey, here's a guy we wouldn't have caught using PEDs under our testing policy

• 2 weeks later...

Big Dave on the show.  Great interview, but Jericho's intro was terrible.  Dave is a pretty cool guy.  

I keep telling myself that I'm just going to completely skip his intros because they are awful, but I never do it.

I am a glutton for punishment.