DVDVR Message Board

CFL Offseason Thread

DouglasC

I would like the possibility of Quebec City explored since there is always talk of how big amatuer football is in Quebec and you cant deny the success at the college level but Q City is already spending a lot on the new hockey arena.  Its an intriguing opportunity though.  But again until a money man comes forward and says he wants to own a team all expansion and stadium talk is moot.  10 teams seem like a must though.  I know they really wanted Ottawa back but I would have had a plan for a 10th team in place to give the league some balance.  Maybe they are expecting the Toronto Argos to call it quits

Even if Atlantic Canada or Quebec City get a team, logically they would be in the East, no? So would Winnipeg or Hamilton be sent out to the West?

If so, then you'd get 3-4 Banjo Bowls between Winnipeg and Saskachewan, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Even if Atlantic Canada or Quebec City get a team, logically they would be in the East, no? So would Winnipeg or Hamilton be sent out to the West?

If so, then you'd get 3-4 Banjo Bowls between Winnipeg and Saskachewan, which wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

Pop for "Banjo Bowls."

Well, the Rouge et Noir (sorry, but that's way better than RedBlacks) at least have a legitimate quarterback, so...yes. But don't worry, we're going to build through the draft and take more guys no one has ever heard of, who will likely never play for us.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

It's time, I'm glad he made the right choice. Even though he's always played a villain in my own football world, I have no desire to watch him pull a Favre and just hang around a couple years too long. He's done everything there was to do, he's still got his health, it makes sense.

Nothing. According to this article, "Red stands for desire, black stands for power". Every Ottawa team has has a red and black colour scheme.

The real reason they choose that name is so they can stick an R on the helmet and pretend its the Rough Riders.

http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/06/08/ottawa-redblacks-president-jeff-hunt-writes-why-the-name-was-chosen-for-the-cfl-team

I've been sticking with calling them the Rouge et Noir, it at least sounds classy,

I thought it was some kind of lumberjack reference. But "nothing" was my other guess.

They're the Rough Riders. That's what I called the Renegades too. That's what I'll call the ALL CAPS REDBLACKS.

First American football fan who makes fun of the dual Roughriders will be referenced to the SEC with its 48 Tigers and 15 Bulldogs.

"Who are we? The Wildcats! And who are we gonna beat? The Wildcats!!!!"

They really need to call them Rough Riders just so that one skit on Just For Laughs that Comedy Network airs every other week about naming teams RoughRiders is current again.