DVDVR Message Board

CFL Offseason Thread

DouglasC

Releases today:

Kerry Joseph by Edmonton, planning to retire as a Roughrider

Henry Burris by Hamilton, with the also recently released Zach Collaros moving into Hamilton

Weston Dressler by Saskatchewan, likely to sign with Kansas City

Scratch Montreal, apparently Winnipeg is already pitching Burris an offer.

Winnipeg should have pitched Collaros an offer.  And the Argos may be getting sold soon so David Brailey wont have to burn through all his money

Did they not? All indications here were that they were interested. I like Burris, but no thanks. Even if he manages to ward off time for another season, that just means we're starting over again next year.

Scratch Montreal, apparently Winnipeg is already pitching Burris an offer.

Thank God, because I would have had to transfer my irrational hatred of Henry Burris from his days with the Bears to my CFL squad in the Alouettes.

Poor Winnipeg fans, though.

Not to pile on Winnipeg here, but Henoc Muamba at best now won't be around for half of next year, and that's only if he fails to stick in the NFL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/05/cfl-linebacker-whos-drawn-nfl-interest-now-free-to-sign-anywhere/

Considering how well he played for them that's a pretty serious blow. One of Winnipeg's big problems was a lack of Canadian talent for the non-import slots, and that was pretty much their best guy last year.

I'm not going to repost Arland Bruce's ridiculous comments about the NFL prospect that has come out, but needless to say he hasn't made many friends today. Also followed them up with the dullard's "I have a right to voice an opinion" card, as most people who don't understand that freedom of speech and freedom from consequences are different things will do.

CFL free agency opens today.

Kevin Glenn is also talking on twitter. Basically confirms Ottawa are trying to trade him but only to a west team. Also very bluntly said to a couple of his fellow players "Tell nick and Keron Ottawa some snakes they lied to me".

Happy times.

EDIT: Glenn's now playing the "twitter was hacked" card, though it read more like a "thought I was PMing someone" sequence. Whatever. :shiftyface: