DVDVR Message Board

CFL Offseason Thread

DouglasC

I've thought for years that Popp wants to be coach and GM in Montreal, but ownership knows he sorta sucks at the coaching half, and he can't admit it to himself. Surprised to see Higgins leave a cushy league office job though.

• 2 weeks later...

In news specifically for Dean

The RedBlacks announced they are going to do training camp in Richmond. They will be doing it at the same place the Redskins hold training camp now.

EDIT - Here are the full details. Including dates and times

MOTHERFUCKING AWWWEWSOME!

EDIT:  I'm going 4/10 with my one thousand children.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to the REDBLAX~! mini-camp in Richmond today.  It was quite the fun time.  Henry Burris doesn't look 60 years old and was way more consistent than young upstart Thomas DeMarco of the ODU Monarchs.  I couldn't figure which guy was Limas Sweed but I assume he was the gigantic wide receiver. Since she had actually gone to both this year, I quizzed my daughter about the differences between the Redskins practice and he Redblax practice- other than the mob of idiot Redskin fans.  She said the Redskins defensive line was like twice big as the Redblax line.  Also there were trainers all over the field for the Redskins and there was one for he Redblacks.  It was pretty cool.

The shithole stadium in Winnipeg is not only not winterproofed, but it's apparently flooded now too. What a fucking waste of taxpayer money, and someone needs to be suing the shit out of the construction firm responsible for this shit.

• Like 1

Yeah it sounds quite poor truth be told. I hope it's stuff that can be sorted out at a (relatively) minimum of cost. And hopefully Hamilton's comes out a lot better.

There are so many new players in Eskimos camp I can't even keep up with it all. Considering what the team has been the last couple years, I am fine with this.

• 3 weeks later...

They should, since league revenues are going up, and the salary cap stays the same, but there's no way a strike can last that long. The players just don't make enough money to sit out a season.