DVDVR Message Board

2024 in Pro Wrestling Podcasts

On 3/27/2024 at 4:02 PM, Cobra Commander said:

Well best use in the category that doesn’t involve wiping out diseases in parts of the third world?

Thanks, I wouldn’t have thought this lighthearted comment would need clarification, but I guess so. 

8 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

BTS is in March 1999 in their next episode, so you'll find out why Bart Gunn wasn't on the RAW after having his brains knocked into the Atlantic Ocean by Butterbean

Huh, did Bart Gunn have the same "put it back in" medical procedure as Katsuyori Shibata so he could continue his career?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Yeah he’s become insufferable ever since last summer

Who, Punk?  I agree!  🤣

I think you misread me and I was absolutely not being sarcastic

Edited by Technico Support
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Who, Punk?  I agree!  🤣

I think you misread me and I was absolutely not being sarcastic

Haha nice one. And I gotcha, I like Matt and used to listen to WWW a lot but when the Bucks/Punk stuff came up I thought they were annoyingly one sided about it so I drifted away. Glad they’re still delivering for the fans though!

• Like 1

With Google "sunsetting"(the new term for axing/86ing) Google Podcasts in favor of Youtube Music the search for a new podcast app led me to trying YT Music. Certain podcasts(The Winter Palace, Shut Up & Wrestle, The Wayback) aren't showing up in the search function. I considered using Amazon Music but they don't let you add RSS feeds(which I wanted to do for some Patreon content), so I stuck with YTM, but it lacked the feature of being able to mark an episode as being played, so I'm going with a combination of using Amazon Music for everything except for the Patreon stuff and The Winter Palace. As for SUAW I'm just using the pod's website to listen to it.

What’s funny is that I don’t know that I’ve ever actually set up the pod anywhere except iTunes. But I know if I do a search sometimes, I see all these podcast aggregators that apparently link to the pod or whatever they do. 

I always post it here, in the appropriate thread, so there’s always that. 😀

I always appreciate the heads up because your pod is one I always look forward to. Google Pods was the perfect app because it was stable and never crashed. First world probs I guess.

I went with Podcast Addict as it added my Patreon RSS feeds without an issue and it was able to find The Winter Palace and Shut Up And Wrestle as well.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2024 at 5:58 PM, Godfrey said:

Oh brother, Bischoff responded to Tony's tweet by launching a new solo show called Wise Choices that may just be him telling self-aggrandizing stories and ragging on Tony Khan for an hour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e1RoM275tM&ab_channel=83WeekswithEricBischoff

I'm shocked that Bischoff hasn't negged Tony Khan into a consultancy position yet. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

I'm shocked that Bischoff hasn't negged Tony Khan into a consultancy position yet. 

2nd ep of Wise Choices already feels desperate, not sure Eric would be worth the money. Like his opinion or not at least Cornette has been consistent throughout AEW's run, imo Bischoff was more neutral and supportive until he felt AEW was failing and he could jump on the bandwagon

2 hours ago, Godfrey said:

2nd ep of Wise Choices already feels desperate, not sure Eric would be worth the money. Like his opinion or not at least Cornette has been consistent throughout AEW's run, imo Bischoff was more neutral and supportive until he felt AEW was failing and he could jump on the bandwagon

I've only watched the first ep, and Bischoff was enjoying his trolling. 

I mentioned the other day feeling terrible about vigorously siding with Vince Russo's point of view about Bischoff because, ew, it's Russo, but I've now done that twice this week with Punk and Bischoff re: Tony Khan.

I will say that Bischoff has been fairly consistent about saying that Coach TK's remarks about Ted Turner were what led him down the path of consistent AEW critique. He's said this a few times before. 

4 hours ago, SirSmUgly said:

I will say that Bischoff has been fairly consistent about saying that Coach TK's remarks about Ted Turner were what led him down the path of consistent AEW critique. He's said this a few times before. 

That part he's always maintained, that's true. I think there was a period when Bischoff felt he had to hold back because of the reaction to his criticism from fans and Conrad and now he's going a little overboard to make up for it (or something)

To me Eric is like Cornette or Disco and Konnan, they make good points occasionally but not all the time so you do have to wade through some BS to find it

• Like 4

Why would you willingly wade through BS though? If you see a river of bullshit by the side of the road, do you think "Well, I'd better stop the car and get out to wade through that, there might be a good point somewhere in there"?. 

Nah. You keep driving, and hope to outdistance the aroma ASAP.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

There are certainly podcasts where its getter to pick and choose segments than try and get thru the whole thing. Kudos to those people who time stamp their shows. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AxB said:

Why would you willingly wade through BS though? If you see a river of bullshit by the side of the road, do you think "Well, I'd better stop the car and get out to wade through that, there might be a good point somewhere in there"?. 

Nah. You keep driving, and hope to outdistance the aroma ASAP.

It doesn't bother me and sometimes it's funny. I mean more that it's nonsense than something I actively dislike

• Like 1