DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK EIGHTEEN

RIPPA

BTW - With one game to go - Montez Sweat leads BOTH the Bears and Commanders in sacks

He had 6.5 with Washington (1 sack ahead) and currently has 6 with Chicago (1.5 sacks ahead)

No one has ever lead two teams in sacks in a single season (at least while sacks were an official stat)

• Like 4

A truly well-deserved honor. 

Aaron Rodgers' first season with the New York Jets lasted only four plays, but he still made an impact. On Friday, he was voted by his teammates as the Jets' most inspirational player for the 2023 season.

"I've said it a million times: He loves his teammates, and his teammates love him," coach Robert Saleh said. "He's so intentional with how he approaches everybody in the building. He's very thoughtful in the way he does things, and he's a tremendous human. He's really well deserving of this award."

• Haha 2

As far as I can tell, Aaron Rodgers has done and said the right things to be a good teammate, so I’m not sure why people are surprised he’s well-liked in the locker room.  Lotta people who have never been around the team suddenly becoming experts on the team dynamic.  Think I’ll listen to the guys in the locker room who actually know him on this one.

Edited by The Old-Fashioned Gamer

I'm not questioning A-aron's CV as a teammate, I'm looking at him from a fan's perspective.

And to the type of person I am and the persona he puts on display in his media appearances, I think he's a right twit.

But, g-d bless his little heart.

• Like 2

this is definitely some Steelers vs Ravens football as the rain is so hard half the players look like unrecognizable blobs 😄

Great TD drive.  Every time I want Najee Harris shot into the sun he plays like a 1st rounder.  so frustrating 

• Like 1

Aaron Rodgers is a great teammate when everything is working against some 2010s 2-14 NFCN team, or when he’s able to bask in celebrity who does nothing status. I mean when he’s in a situation like he’s been in this year he’s like a male Mrs Muffet. So nice and sweet as long as he doesn’t have to do anything but look cute.

I expect this Ravens vs Steelers game to get competitive but until then the Ravens look like they’re not even trying and if that doesn’t change well…yeah.

I don’t even know anything about the Texans and Colts anymore. I was going to watch the game and pull for who I thought deserved it. Do we still root against Irsay just because or is that old potatoes? 

Edited by BloodyChamp

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

this is definitely some Steelers vs Ravens football as the rain is so hard half the players look like unrecognizable blobs 😄

Great TD drive.  Every time I want Najee Harris shot into the sun he plays like a 1st rounder.  so frustrating 

Only a few degrees away from this being a snow game.

this game always causes friction in my office, between the MD locals and PSU grads from PA. 

Did Watt’s knee bend like they are saying? I thought it just banged the other guy’s knee and that maybe he just got a really bad contusion which hurts but isn’t fatal. I know from experience lol!

Edited by BloodyChamp

Yeah I don't see Watt coming back today and worried a little about next week.  If it gets to that point

While I understand why they aren't letting Rudolph throw more, there does need to be at least one or two chances to Pickens

Or just throw a strike Diontae and let him running for about 60 yards. 

Edited by hammerva

Willie Taggart is the Raven’s RB coach.

That is why they can’t hold on to the ball and that is why the Ravens have the worst rushing attack in the league if you don’t count Lamar Jackson’s yards. I appreciate the Peanut Tillman references by the announcers but naw…what I said lol!

This announce crew is horrible, why the hell were they saying the Steelers should throw it towards the end of that last drive? That is the worst thing they could do and would never do it. 

Edited by Mister TV

It really pisses me off whenever I see a stupid graphic of how all these great offensive head coaches were all in Washington at one time.

Meanwhile Washington fans have had to deal with a horrible defensive coach in Rivera for the past four years

4 hours ago, Mister TV said:

The Mason Rudolph who was benched for The Duck showed up tonight. 

He played solid in the fourth quarter, threw two incomplete passes all night and put up a 115 qb rating for the game. Given the weather and the fact that they won, not a bad night for him.

I’m not sold on any qb on the Steeler’s roster. I was hoping they’d look for a qb in free agency, but Tomlin made it clear in the postgame that Pickett is qb1 next year.

Edited by The Old-Fashioned Gamer
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Another reason to root against Houston - missing the PAT which hurts the chances of getting a tie 😞

And I had just started looking up what happens to these teams' chances if they tied, too. [Houston would still be eliminated, Colts would have to hope for a Jacksonville loss tomorrow to win the South]