DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK TWELVE

Mister TV

Hackett doesn't know how to playcall, offensive line is too banged up, and tight ends/receivers make way too many stupid mistakes (false starts, holding, etc). Wilson's no good, but not the entire problem. 

This game will blow out in the second half when the Jets defense gets gassed. I guess they throw Seimian in there next week. 

54 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

Matt Rhule might be looking for work after today if he’s considered an upgrade from horrible. 

I doubt it. Nebraska definitely ended on a sour note but I don't think 5-7 is bad enough for him to lose his job after one year. I think he'll start getting them to regular bowl appearance at least in the not so different future, though it's hard to imagine Nebraska ever being NEBRASKA again.

• Like 1

It could be. Most hail marys come at the end of the game, where the team defending would be winning, so there's no reason to run it back. 

50 yards of offense in three quarters. The Jets are going to get lower over/unders than Iowa soon. 

38 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Is that the first ever Hail Mary returned for TD.  I mean it takes an extra level of suck for that 

Sadly, there was the Patriots Fail Mary (where they tried a throw back in field) that was returned for a TD.

But the Jets, and extremely stupid plays on Thanksgiving week. Goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

1 hour ago, Dewar said:

Captain Checkdown Tim Boyle ain't the guy. 

If I’m Aaron Rodgers, I’m turning off the dolphin mating sounds cd and calling my orthopedist to see if he wants me back in the walking boot for a few more weeks.  I’m duly impressed that Rodgers is seemingly close to getting back on the field, but the Jets are more than Aaron Rodgers away from a playoff run. The risk of reinjuring a surgically repaired, but still weak, Achilles tendon is probably high enough to unnerve the medical staff.

22 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

lol Cowboys are beating down teams and Dak has MVP numbers and literally nobody believes any of it 

Because Dak only puts up big numbers against bad teams and loses against good ones.  He's got 23 TDs and 12 of them came in 3 games against Washington, NYG, and the Rams.  In their other 8 games, Dak has 11 TDs and the team is 5-3.  They've lost to the two best teams on their schedule - Philly and San Fran.  AND they lost to, LMAO, Arizona and Josh Dobbs.  

1 hour ago, The Old-Fashioned Gamer said:

If I’m Aaron Rodgers, I’m turning off the dolphin mating sounds cd and calling my orthopedist to see if he wants me back in the walking boot for a few more weeks.  I’m duly impressed that Rodgers is seemingly close to getting back on the field, but the Jets are more than Aaron Rodgers away from a playoff run. The risk of reinjuring a surgically repaired, but still weak, Achilles tendon is probably high enough to unnerve the medical staff.

Furthermore they quit on that game today. If you watch so many of the sacks they give up, I don’t know how bad the OL sucks physically when there are so many untouched guys mowing down the quarterback on blown assignments. They don’t even try to do jack else offensively, and over on STs they answer a free pick 6 with a missed XP. Then not to be outdone in the quitting department the offense gives back the free touchdown on a play where they actually quit. They thought it was over when he INT’d it and it wasn’t. Then what happened when you quit on a play in a football game…happened. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Because Dak only puts up big numbers against bad teams and loses against good ones.  He's got 23 TDs and 12 of them came in 3 games against Washington, NYG, and the Rams.  In their other 8 games, Dak has 11 TDs and the team is 5-3.  They've lost to the two best teams on their schedule - Philly and San Fran.  AND they lost to, LMAO, Arizona and Josh Dobbs.  

It’s rare that this is actually what’s going on, even when it’s against worse teams. I mean they’re still NFL teams. But with Dak and the whole Cowboys team this is actually what’s going on lol! Then they celebrate like a pee wee team who won the championship on the last play of the game. I’m not mad about it…I’m sad lol because every time they get blasted back down to Earth they handle it worse than Ryan Leaf. 

I'm not saying of course he is glad he got injured, as getting injured sucks for a number reasons, but there must be some part of Aaron Rodgers that is like 'well thank goodness I don't have to play for this team.' The Jets are more than just an "Aaron Rodgers" away from being a serious playoff contender, the WRs are as bad as we thought (besides Wilson) and the OL is awful (injuries haven't helped). Their defense is very good, but even a very good defense gets gassed after being on the field so much. This offseason will be very interesting for them, just to see what they do to the offense to build it up some for a (in my opinion) final Rodgers run and if all the coaches survive.