DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK ELEVEN

Dolfan in NYC

Eberflus's entire reign in Chicago has been marked with many many fourth quarter comebacks by the other team. I'd rather the team just be terrible from bell to bell than these blue ball nut punches every week.

• Like 2

You really can't make this shit up about Washington.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/no-hot-water-in-locker-rooms-at-fedex-field-after-giants-commanders-game

If any players on the Commanders want to wash off the bad feelings from their 31-19 loss to the Giants with a hot shower on Sunday, they’ll have to wait until they get home to do it.

The Commanders confirmed reports that there is no hot water in either locker room after the game.

• Haha 1

The Giants starting QB sharing a name with the 90's Jobber on the wrong end of the one time Yoko decided to be unkind with the Banzai Drop seems hauntingly apropos

edit:  i guess he was one of Da Baldies too but I think of the unkind Banzai Drop first

Edited by BobbyWhioux

Maybe it’s just been a tough weekend for my football or maybe I’m turning into Al Davis but when it’s 3rd and 1 on the first drive of the game and I’ve had 2 good runs, if I’m the owner of a team I straight up ask the coach wtf he’s doing by deciding to run a pitch play to the backup quarterback. Vikings just now. Same as I’d ask Norvell about Jordan Travis running the ball for FSU. 

• Like 2

The Rams did everything they could to lose to Seattle but failed in their effort, winning 17-16.  First, Cooper Kupp somehow missed/dropped a wide open touchdown.  Stafford overthrew a wide open receiver that would have been another TD.  They had a TD called back.  Late in the game, down to the Seawhawks' 10yd line, needing to run clock with Seattle short on timeouts, they ......... threw the ball twice, once incomplete, gifting Seattle a free timeout and saving a bundle of time.  With that extra time, Seattle was able to move into position for a 55yd FG to win but missed the kick.   A win is a win but, man, the NFL coaches manage the clock constantly baffles me.

42 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

if it were possible that both teams were point shaving against themselves, it would be this Vikings/Broncos game

the Vikings keep turning it over and the Broncos can't score touchdowns

Game between 2 fraud teams tbh. Dobbs was totally shook all second half. Then Wilson wins with another duck to the corner as the DB looks like he doesn’t know wtf he’s even doing.

15 hours ago, BloodyChamp said:

Maybe it’s just been a tough weekend for my football or maybe I’m turning into Al Davis but when it’s 3rd and 1 on the first drive of the game and I’ve had 2 good runs, if I’m the owner of a team I straight up ask the coach wtf he’s doing by deciding to run a pitch play to the backup quarterback. Vikings just now. Same as I’d ask Norvell about Jordan Travis running the ball for FSU. 

Self-professed genius head coaches/offensive coordinators too focused on _tricking_ people to show how smart they are like a heel pointing to his brain after getting away with cheating against the babyface is my pet peeve with modern football, trying to pass (and especially throw deep when you need 2 yards for an essential first down) is a chronic problem, it has literally changed the outcome of at least one recent Super Bowl and possibly 3 that I can think of, it should have cost The Rams a win yesterday (fortunately for them Pete Carrol bailed them out by making the inverse mistake), and I increasingly find myself screaming at my TV for an independent and potent gambling commission to investigate these coaches for match-fixing.

Are the Eagles really a juggernaut at 8-1 or do they only look like one because they are the only team immune to this stupidity?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Not only are the Jets finally benching Zach Wilson but they demoted him to third string

Tim Boyle will start. Trevor Siemian will be the backup

Another Jets 1st Round QB bites the dust.  2nd year in a row he's demoted to 3rd string QB.

Is he salvageable?  Someone is going to take a flyer on him given he's a 2nd overall pick.

2 hours ago, paragon11 said:

Another Jets 1st Round QB bites the dust.  2nd year in a row he's demoted to 3rd string QB.

Is he salvageable?  Someone is going to take a flyer on him given he's a 2nd overall pick.

I say yes. There have been flashes of good enoughness, and lowkey there’s been a streak of change of scenery quarterbacks breaking out. It doesn’t seem like it but it’s the truth over the last few years.