DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MAY 2023

Been long time a Turner network had any Saturday Wrestling shows. It's interesting to me the new show is on TNT, which is the more prestigious channel compared to TBS.

Red AEW logo without the bars and words, WCW chads we eating good!

I noticed some of the problematic people are on the Collision poster. So CM Punk is a lock for the new show.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Going by the press release, congrats to Miro, Andrade, and Rosa on the promotion from persona non grata to "headliner."

The subtitle for the new show is, "I don't job that way, brother."

I'm just going to be skeptical of a Saturday show working with traditional tv expectations.  It's definitely going to draw a lot fewer eyeballs, and I expect a lot of discussion around +3 numbers and streaming numbers if there's eventually a day and date on MAX at some point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Log said:

I think there is some value to be had from listening to vets, but it depends on who. Like, if it's Disco Inferno we're talking about here, screw that. But like, if Ricky Steamboat is trying to give Perry advice on how to be a sympathetic babyface, maybe listen.

That’s a fair point. I guess I don’t like hearing about vets telling young guys they’re doing things wrong. It’s a different business.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chaos said:

The subtitle for the new show is, "I don't job that way, brother."

I'm just going to be skeptical of a Saturday show working with traditional tv expectations.  It's definitely going to draw a lot fewer eyeballs, and I expect a lot of discussion around +3 numbers and streaming numbers if there's eventually a day and date on MAX at some point. 

On the flip side it’s easier to sell tickets on a Saturday night than Wednesday. And sports do big numbers on saturdays. They’re gonna need to not have the show turn into rampage and it looks like they have that mentality already. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, matt925 said:

On the flip side it’s easier to sell tickets on a Saturday night than Wednesday. And sports do big numbers on saturdays. They’re gonna need to not have the show turn into rampage and it looks like they have that mentality already. 

It's easier for me to attend Saturday shows for sure. The closest they run near me is 3 hours away, which means usually burning two PTO days at work for Wednesday.

Also, I think we're learning sports fans and wrestling fans have less overlap than we think, but I doubt I'm ever watching a Saturday wrestling show between September and January.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

So upfronts is over and we still don't know shit? Cool.

Not true.

We know that the show is modeled directly after Nitro, a the main show for a company killed by chronic mismanagement, uncontrollable malcontented talent, and a network that changed heads and got tired of the shit, and that the new show seems to be a dumping ground for... uncontrollable malcontented talent....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Chaos said:

It's easier for me to attend Saturday shows for sure. The closest they run near me is 3 hours away, which means usually burning two PTO days at work for Wednesday.

Also, I think we're learning sports fans and wrestling fans have less overlap than we think, but I doubt I'm ever watching a Saturday wrestling show between September and January.

On the west coast a 4:30pm Wednesday show basically requires pto for most people. The Saturday shows will make it a lot easier to bring someone along with you to the show. 

So basically we are going to spend the next month or two of this new show trying to figure out what pissed off either the Bucks or in Thunder's case Britt Baker?  Like I know that Punk wanted to do something with Joe but he has to be wondering what the hell did I do to get put on this island of misfits

Just now, hammerva said:

So basically we are going to spend the next month or two of this new show trying to figure out what pissed off either the Bucks or in Thunder's case Britt Baker?  Like I know that Punk wanted to do something with Joe but he has to be wondering what the hell did I do to get put on this island of misfits

Yes we've all be wondering what Punk could have done to piss off the Bucks

• Like 2
  • Haha 6