DVDVR Message Board

2023 NBA OFFSEASON

Brian Fowler

3 minutes ago, Tabe said:

What I saw Detroit getting Harris and some picks but haven't seen what Brooklyn gets in return other than salary cap relief. 

I would guess it's a second round pick, possibly one with protections that make it unlikely to ever convey.

Sorry for taking over the thread, but also the NBA is apparently going to vote on a couple rules changes July 11.

If a coach wins a challenge, they get a second one.

And, much bigger, making flopping a technical foul.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

I would guess it's a second round pick, possibly one with protections that make it unlikely to ever convey.

Brooklyn gets $110k in cash, the least they could include in the trade.

Middleton is going back to the bucks on a 3 yr deal.

1 hour ago, blitzkrieg said:

Feels like every time free agency gets hyped up that it ends up being mostly chalk.

There also hasn't been a true game changing superstar available in free agency in several years. Now they sign big extensions and then demand trades later.

Pistons sent out a 2027 2nd round pick to Washington for Monté Morris. Nice little homecoming for him, he's from Michigan.

Harris and Morris aren't huge needle movers, but they both are really good three point shooters and the Pistons desperately needed more shooting. They basically ate up all of their cap space on these two trades, but I think it does move them closer to at least the play-in.

-------

Unrelated except for Michigan native, but Green's deal is going to pay him about $5 million less than he would have gotten next year by opting in, in exchange for getting long term security. But it's also going to save the Warriors $50 million in luxury tax payments.

Edited by Brian Fowler

Dame has finally asked for a trade out of Portland.  A couple years too late, but hey.

E: Specifically he wants a trade to the Heat, so I guess that explains the cap-clearing.

Edited by Zimbra

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Dame has finally asked for a trade out of Portland.  A couple years too late, but hey.

E: Specifically he wants a trade to the Heat, so I guess that explains the cap-clearing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As was this...

Miami, San Antonio, and Cleveland work out a 3 way sign and trade that ultimately land Max Strus with the Cavs. 

3/63 (?!)

I guess Strus fills a glaring need but I’m always wary of former Heat players once they are away from the…advantages that living in Miami offers. 

I really like what the Lakers have done. Improved at the margins like they said, they're deeper than last year, without taking any crazy future destroying risks.

I mean, it still all comes down to if LeBron and AD can be healthy together enough of the year, and especially in the post season, for them to have a chance. But I think they're a better team than the one that Denver swept a few weeks ago.

9 hours ago, blitzkrieg said:

Feel like Portland trading Dame to Miami would be the ultimate "Thank you for your service" gift because there are going be a lot better offers out there and Dame doesn't have any leverage in the situation.

FWIW, the article on ESPN said the Blazers are looking for the best deal. . . .