DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

2 hours ago, Ingobernable said:

I've got no particular love for Aaron Rodgers but is he really going to say anything that makes the cut on a tightly stage-manged, heavily edited, in-house production that he can't just say on the Pat McAfee show whenever he feels like it?

Aaron Rodgers could go on a 45 minute rant about pretty much anything on McAfee every single week.  If he did that on Hard Knocks, they'd just focus on Zach Wilson.  The NFL will just plain pretend like you don't exist if you step out of line.  

2 hours ago, Ingobernable said:

I've got no particular love for Aaron Rodgers but is he really going to say anything that makes the cut on a tightly stage-manged, heavily edited, in-house production that he can't just say on the Pat McAfee show whenever he feels like it?

Aaron Rogers is CM Punk confirmed.

• Haha 5

To get back to the Hard Knocks thing for a second - per PFT, the reason Washington hasn't been selected yet is because they are under consideration to be the team featured during the in-season show (the league would prefer the sale to go through first before featuring the team - supposedly the owners will vote either on July 20 or Aug 8 on the sale)

• Like 1

Minneapolis’ U.S. Bank Stadium will be fully paid off at by the end of the month which is 23 years early.

Why you might ask? Because the residents of Minnesota love to fucking gamble

The Minnesota Vikings will be able to pay off debt on their publicly owned home stadium 23 years early, thanks to a new tax bill signed by Gov. Tim Walz.

The legislation will retire $377 million in outstanding stadium bonds for Minneapolis’ U.S. Bank Stadium by the end of June — wiping out debt scheduled to be paid off in 2046 and saving Minnesota taxpayers $226 million in interest.

The stadium, which opened in 2016 and hosted the NFL’s Super Bowl LII in 2018, cost slightly more than $1.1 billion to build. The Vikings and other private sources paid about $620 million, with the state and city combining to supply around $500 million.

State officials were able to retire the stadium debt after tax revenue from legalized, electronic pull-tab games — a key funding source for the facility’s bonds — soared beyond initial projections.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Minneapolis’ U.S. Bank Stadium will be fully paid off at by the end of the month which is 23 years early.

That in 2023 states are still using silly alternate names for certain types of gambling is so silly, these “electronic pull tabs” are basically slot machines, but you can’t call them slots since it might piss off some Puritans and Snake Handlers.  

Edited by Mister TV
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sportsball palace for billionaire paid off in record time by poor people who are really bad at math.

• Like 5

Oh fucking yuck.

Netflix is going to spend $50m to do a 10 part docu-series on Jerry Jones. 

(I told you all that stupid Last Dance series was a mistake.)

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

On behalf of the fans of every other non-airplane based team:

laughing-horse-so-funny.gif

Rodgers is probably in a real life Clockwork Orange scene to make sure he doesn't, you know, talk about any of that.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jets extend Quinnen Williams.  4/96  (66 guaranteed)

66m is the most the Jets have ever guaranteed. 

Wild stat from Barnwell. If he’s on the field, the Jets have the best sack rate in the league. If he’s off the field, they have the 2nd worst

• Like 1

Williams deal also means that for the first time since 2011 - a player the Jets drafted in the first round received a second contract from the team

Money aside, the Williams deal also is significant because the Jets aren't known for retaining their top picks. They're the only team that didn't re-sign any of its first rounders from 2012 to 2018 to a second contract, according to ESPN Stats & Information research. The last one to get an extension was defensive lineman Muhammad Wilkerson, picked in 2011.

This marks the first time that general manager Joe Douglas, who took over in 2019, has re-signed a Jets draft pick to a multiyear extension. Of the 55 draft picks from 2012 to 2018, only two received multiyear extensions -- wide receiver Quincy Enunwa (sixth-round pick in 2014) and guard Brian Winters (third round in 2013). Those extensions predated Douglas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Jets extend Quinnen Williams.  4/96  (66 guaranteed)

66m is the most the Jets have ever guaranteed. 

I knew he was going to be great when he sneezed, blessed himself, then thanked himself for blessing himself.  That is the kind of work ethic you cannot teach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

I have no idea if this should go to the documentary or here but watched the first 3 episodes of the Netflix series Quarterback and it is really good.   I like the selection of QB as you got one elite QB,  one very good QB who could be top tier, and one good QB who is near the 15-20 range and could drop at any moment.    Also helps that there were involved in the bigger moments of the season.    Some brief points on this:

1.  It is interesting that it is a Peyton Manning production who works for ESPN but only features talking heads from NFL Network and Fox.  Maybe they aren't allowed to be in a Netflix series

2.  I think I know where Jackson Mahomes gets his dumb shit from.  Not Patrick or his side of the family.   Patrick is good in this and likeable although he clearly comes off dorky as hell.

3.  This show is making me like Kirk Cousins more.  Granted he is still a goober but you can tell that he has the intensity and toughness that putting don't think he has.  I am sure once I get toward the end of the season and the Vikings doing Vikings things it might change.  

It would be cool if this becomes like a Hard Knocks kind of thing where like every 3 or 4 years they find three new QB in the same path.   Given how successful it seems it wouldn't surprise me

Edited by hammerva