DVDVR Message Board

Grand Slam II - Dynamite - 9/21/2022

Dolfan in NYC

I'm trying to think of who Diamante was talking about. I think Dave said that area code is Miami so I have no idea who it could be that people would give a shit about. 

Not going to lie though, if it's Sasha, I'm going to have a hard time believing she has a chance in hell of beating Jade. But, that's also unfair because I didn't think like that when it came to Brock vs smaller opponents. 

There another Sasha in wrestling?  Because the chances it's Banks is zero chance, unless Tony thinks its' wise for his legal to face down WWE's legal while all the Punk shit is still possibly going on.

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I'm trying to think of who Diamante was talking about. I think Dave said that area code is Miami so I have no idea who it could be that people would give a shit about. 

Not going to lie though, if it's Sasha, I'm going to have a hard time believing she has a chance in hell of beating Jade. But, that's also unfair because I didn't think like that when it came to Brock vs smaller opponents. 

Caught this before I posted... Who is the 'baddest bitch from the 305' or whomever Diamonte was on about? Somebody mentioned Mercedes? I also saw Velvet alluded to? I really hope Velvet isn't being brought back as a babyface. She was really find her niche as a Baddie. Mercedes-Jade however sounds like a helluva bout.  

My understanding was that Sasha wasn't under contract and until she shows up on WWE TV I'm considering her a free agent.

Regardless, it's not going to be her. I just have no idea who would be worth teasing.

• Like 1

Haven't they already done Mercedes vs Jade? And no one gives a shit about Mercedes Martinez. Her matches get almost worse reactions than Marina's. She's a great wrestler, but I don't think there's anything special about her.

Around 12000 fans tonight says Meltzer. Last year's Grand Slam in the same building did 20,177.  Anyway this year's Grand Slam card(s) is better.

I'm not sure who the female surprise is, both Tony and WWE and more hired anybody notable who wasn't signed over time. I might be forgetting someone.... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Haven't they already done Mercedes vs Jade? And no one gives a shit about Mercedes Martinez. Her matches get almost worse reactions than Marina's. She's a great wrestler, but I don't think there's anything special about her.

I give a shit about Mercedes, and would be very much down for a bout with Jade. Seeing as it's Diamante presenting this 'Baddest Bitch from the 305' perhaps you oughta lower your expectations.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/aew/tony-khan-teasing-surprises-for-both-aew-grand-slam-dynamite-rampage

I’m trying to think who is a big enough free agent out there to show up tonight.

if The Elite show up tonight and have a stare down with Death Triangle would be a surprise and the pop would be massive but I don’t see that happening just yet.

Colt Cabana showing up tonight would get a pop but I don’t know if it qualifies as a surprise.

Saraya, fka Paige has been rumored…

24 minutes ago, Craig H said:

My understanding was that Sasha wasn't under contract and until she shows up on WWE TV I'm considering her a free agent.

Regardless, it's not going to be her. I just have no idea who would be worth teasing.

Someone should tell whoever runs WWE's website that, as her and Naomi are still there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLowe said:

Revolution 3/6/2022

Their match still holds up, especially with Regal's debut afterwards. Just watching it has put me in a good mood after some tough dental work this morning. Main difference in Mox/Danielson 1 is BD is an out-n-out heel. For this match he is more of a tweener, but maybe he will lean more heel during the match. What a run these two men have been on. Not to forget Eddie and Yuta too. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, zendragon said:

I believe they wrestled in the TBS tourny 

Mercedes debuted or more accurately returned to AEW and cost Thunder Rosa her tournament title match versus Jade. Jade and Mercedes have never had a match. This according to memory and backed up by a nice little internet wrestling resource called CageMatch. I'm by no means calling Martinez and Jade a 'dream bout' but I'd be interested to see what the veteran would do with the greenhorn. 

• Like 2