DVDVR Message Board

J.T.

How "heisty" are you looking for?

Like Don't Breathe is teens breaking into a blind guy's house and then realizing it is a bad idea. I wouldn't exactly call that a "heist" movie but that is technically what the premise is

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Execproducer said:

Any number of mummy films might fall into the same category.

Yep.  Nearly every mummy movie plot centers around the immediate regret following the pillaging of a sacred tomb.

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well Army of the Dead occurred in the last 20 years so I know Mark hasn't heard of it

"There is no way Mark has heard of that movie.  It was filmed in color."

Edited by J.T.

...I'm so late to the conversation but Wes Craven's  People Under the Stairs starts as a heist and turns into a Hansel and Gretal/Home Alone kind of situation.

It's also has two great villain performances from Everett McGill and Wendy Robbie.

Also, I think if he ever wanted to do a family film, Wes Craven totally would've crushed Home Alone. Several of his movies have that "here's the plan"  trap trickery.

• Like 3

African-American horror joint coming exclusively to Tubi.

Sistas alumna Novi Brown and Terrell Carter (Empire) are set to star in horror thriller Alone In The Dark, a Tubi original movie set for premiere on Fox’s free ad-supported streaming service in October.

Directed by Brant Daugherty, and co-written by Daugherty and wife, Kimberly Daugherty (A Christmas Movie Christmas), who also appears in the movie, Alone In The Dark revolves around a recent divorcée under house arrest who must deal with a stalker that appears to have control over her surroundings.

Not to be confused with the shitty Tara Reid / Christian Slater movie based on the video game.

On 8/22/2022 at 7:28 AM, jaedmc said:

Also, I think if he ever wanted to do a family film, Wes Craven totally would've crushed Home Alone. Several of his movies have that "here's the plan"  trap trickery.

Everything he did is resplendent with booby traps. Go back, every single movie has some.

Horror fans, I have recently decided to watch the Hellraiser series and want to know how far it is worth it for me to go (10 original movies, 1 reboot)

1 I had seen previously, but 2 and 3 were new to me. I loved 1 and 2 as a set story, with some nice closure. 3 then ramps up the ridiculousness and fun and gives Pinhead some great dialogue to chew on. Does the series continue in that vein or are there diminishing returns at some point?

Between Prime and Shudder, I believe I have access to all of them except Deader (7), Revelations (9), Judgement (10) and the reboot, but would dl if it is worth it.

If they don't keep up the super horny vibes, I do not want it

• Like 1

@elizium You’ve seen all of the genuinely good ones, but the 2000s ones are weird curiosities. They’re spec horror scripts with Pinhead crammed into them as an almost Rod Serling narrator figure. They’re kind of like Pinhead’s version of the Freddie’s Nightmare series. I don’t mind them, but they’re not by any means good. That goes on until after Hellworld, then Revelations is a partially found footage ashcan movie made for a few hundred grand to protect the rights to the franchise, and Judgement is a Saw ripoff with Cenobite fan fiction squeezed in.