DVDVR Message Board

AEW Rampage - 8/13/2021

I forgot we get AEW on Friday's now! Making the day just a little better.

I'm interested to see what happens with Omega/Christian at least. Also very intrigued to see how they do with a one hour live show (timing and such). 

I wonder if this is like when Heat first started and they tried putting main eventers on there - so in a year will we be getting Barron Black vs. Joey Janela main events?

Edit - Just realized Barron Black totally needs to be in House of Black with Malakai.

Edited by Krone Meltzer
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

I wonder if this is like when Heat first started and they tried putting main eventers on there - so in a year will we be getting Barron Black vs. Joey Janela main events?

The intent as of now is to keep them essentially equal, with Elevation and Dark serving as the later-Heat equivalent

• Like 1

That reminds me, whenever I think of Rampage, two things come to mind. Well, three. The first is Rampage Jackson. The other two are the announcer voiceover whenever you get a 5 kill streak in Unreal Championship and Dota 2.

• Like 5

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get back into GTA.  I've been going a bit crazy with other games and it can be hard at times to stick with just one.

So when Dynamite had Friday shows it was a bit easier to justify waiting to watch on Saturday or whenever after.  This way with her schedule my wife can see it and all is well.  So let's just say when I told her I was gonna watch these live she was less than pleased.  But such is life.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Thanks for reminding me that I need to get back into GTA.  I've been going a bit crazy with other games and it can be hard at times to stick with just one.

Same here! Been going hard on Call of Duty lately. I finally, finally got sick of 2K19 after three years (when your own CAWs have go-away heat, it's time to hang it up). I may wait for the re-remastered GTA version in Nov. so I can be one of the clowns who actually bought this game three times

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Craig H said:

I'm just hoping that Christian vs Kenny is really good and Christian doesn't get concussed or anything. I don't think Christian is going to Shibata himself or anything, but Kenny doesn't work the softest style in his finishing stretches.

The reason DDT chose Kenny to have the match with the 8 year old girl, was because he was very good at making his matches look really stiff and violent while actually working super light and never hurting anyone.

• Like 5

I plan on watching Rampage tonight after my daughter goes to bed, which is funny because I'm taking her to the Rampage in Chicago next week unless they decide to induce my wife.

They're totally going to induce her 3 weeks early. I don't think it's in the stars for me to attend a live AEW show.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, AxB said:

The reason DDT chose Kenny to have the match with the 8 year old girl, was because he was very good at making his matches look really stiff and violent while actually working super light and never hurting anyone.

Also, it should be noted that Christian stated his doctors cleared him with the idea that he's no more concussion prone than any other person, or at any other time in his life pre-concussion. It's kind of funny to say, but hearing that went a long way in quelling my wincing during his matches.

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath

31 minutes ago, Craig H said:

That reminds me, whenever I think of Rampage, two things come to mind. Well, three. The first is Rampage Jackson. The other two are the announcer voiceover whenever you get a 5 kill streak in Unreal Championship and Dota 2.

I'm going with the 20 kill medal from Halo. That voice over guy always gets me hyped.

• Like 1

I think if we're going to get the Rampage references out of the way might as well do it for week 1.  I'm sure it would get old quickly if this was a weekly thing.  Heck, it's probably played out as it is. 

50 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I think if we're going to get the Rampage references out of the way might as well do it for week 1.  I'm sure it would get old quickly if this was a weekly thing.  Heck, it's probably played out as it is. 

To sort of tie this all up and make it somehow relevant:

The show's logo is very reminiscent of WCW/NWO Revenge for N64 and the tagline in all the commercials is "Game on!" - makes me wonder if Rampage will end up being the title of the console game

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

I read something on Twitter that made me go hmmmmmm

What if if they have someone else under Fuego's mask tonight?

Very interesting thought. Sammy again? 

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
If random sleeves appear aka Kane/Taker, gotta be Darby
  • Like 1

Or what if Miro kicks the shit out of Fuego del Sol for 5 minutes and it's awesome? 

Edit: damn announce team better start calling attention when wrestlers get two counts on Miro. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I like Fuego and appreciate the hustle but dude's getting destroyed and it'll be glorious.  That plus his mask is a bit too open in the mouth area where if it's anybody else it'll be way too obvious.

And Zakk if they name the game Rampage then put those two together and you have "Revenge Rampage".  Which is yet another Archer tie-in that I'd approve of.

Okay, I swear I'm done with the Archer stuff.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not totally sold. I think people would recognize Punk's tattoos. 

Good news is Mark Henry doesn't have any tattoos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, AxB said:

I remember the ending of omega/Okada 4, the camera is in perfect position to capture that last v trigger as Kenny is flying right at the viewer like jaws 3D. Looked like Kenny decapitated the guy. But then I watched the gif a bunch of times, and you can see how the instant Kenny’s knee touches Okada, all of his momentum moves to the side and away from Okada’s head. It probably didn’t feel like a kiss but when you watch live it looked like he killed the guy, and he most certainly didn’t. 

• Like 3