DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

They touched a bit on Sabene's past in the episode she and Hera were stranded at the old base.

Speaking of, they're due to tell us just how the hell Hera ended up running a Rebel cell and got ahold of the Ghost.

I'm still confused by Manddalorian Teenager being cool with the fact that she works with a Jedi... but I when that part of brain starts going all supernerd I click it off and just watch the show. If only I could do that with a billion other media that rely on a certain amount of continuity

James

• 2 weeks later...

Guardians of the Galaxy has been steadily improving, but I'm a little sad that they seem to have dropped the "one classic song every episode" angle. Yesterday's episode has the Black Order, which is seriously a weird thing to see adapted.

Finished season 1 of Rebels, which means I'm still 5 episodes behind. :)  It was really weird to realize that I care more about the Ghost crew than any of the movie characters.

Also working through season two of Ultimate Spidey. I find that even though they're made by mostly the same people, I like the silliness in USM and hate it in Avengers Assemble.  It was utterly surreal to see Hawkeye as Mr. Hardcore Serious in USM when the same universe treats him as a ludicrous manchild on his own show, but otherwise I'm generally okay with the fluffiness of USM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes. Gravity Falls.

Fuck yes.

Something about this show, I'm watching it with my 7yo daughter, and she looks at me and says, "Daddy, can we make up a conspiracy theory?"

So over the holiday week, we've been working on something involving toothpaste being somehow linked to mind control.

• Like 1

Yes. Gravity Falls.

Fuck yes.

Something about this show, I'm watching it with my 7yo daughter, and she looks at me and says, "Daddy, can we make up a conspiracy theory?"

So over the holiday week, we've been working on something involving toothpaste being somehow linked to mind control.

Flouride.  It's always the flouride.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...