DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

Its always had its fair share of bad and good. Even the later seasons that are mostly good still have the occasional boring political arc or Jar Jar arc though I weirdly didn't hate the last one where he teamed with Windu. Just solider through and enjoy anything focused on the clones themselves.

Its always had its fair share of bad and good. Even the later seasons that are mostly good still have the occasional boring political arc or Jar Jar arc though I weirdly didn't hate the last one where he teamed with Windu. Just solider through and enjoy anything focused on the clones themselves.

Those political arcs were garbage.  I recall one episode where there was there were all these humanized Separatists who were all grandiose about being Separatists and going away from the Republic.  It was such boring nonsense.  

But then Clone stuff was also problematic to me.  Like that time Yoda lectured them and explained that they are more than just soldiers and Clones.  Their lives had value and all that.  But in the end, was that not exactly the case?  Oh, but the chip told them to do it.  

Clone Wars seemed mostly like harmless fluff to me.  Generally liked a lot of the last two seasons, esp. the stuff involving Darth Maul and his brother.

Actually, I just marathoned the show this past summer and already can't recall too many specifics about it.  That sums my feelings towards the show up fairly well, imo.  Average but not too memorable.

The most memorable arc for me is the late (last season on CN?) arc with the droids and tiny alien together on a mission.  Wow.  That was a chore to sit through.

Not sure why you had a problem with them trying to make the clones actual people and an end result you knew was coming.

Because in the movies, they were not actual people.  Lucas made them out to be basically fleshy automatons.  It's not consistent to what was set up canonically.  

The thing about every character in Star Wars episodes 1-3 is

in the movies, they were not actual people.  Lucas made them out to be basically fleshy automatons.  

• 3 weeks later...

Seems a bit like a new Brave and the Bold type of show.  Not fond of the 11 minute format though.  

Hamill's got to be getting a sweet deal to keep coming back as Joker right?  Or maybe he just loves playing the character that much.  That Joker retirement didn't last very long.

Seems a bit like a new Brave and the Bold type of show.  Not fond of the 11 minute format though.  

Hamill's got to be getting a sweet deal to keep coming back as Joker right?  Or maybe he just loves playing the character that much.  That Joker retirement didn't last very long.

I'd be fine with Hamill never retiring from the role.