DVDVR Message Board

The Action Cartoons Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I have finally signed up for cable (I got a stupidly good deal, doubling my internet speed and adding the "big" TV package for under $20/mo, guaranteed to double in cost in a year...), so since they're on On Demand I guess I have to finally see SW: Rebels and GotG.

Fuck you Netflix, for removing "Spider-man and His Amazing Friends" on or around the one day in a million that the kid sleeps in on a Saturday and I get to watch TV that isn't "Jessie," "iCarly," or Monster High movies.

• Like 1

Star Wars Rebels is soooooo good it almost brings a tear to my eye.

The Special setting up Season 2 was so amazing!

I appreciate them acknowledging that the Clone Wars seris still is canon

James

• Like 1

I look at REBELS this way... the first season got interested enough to stick with it. Then that fuckin special aired and it went from "I can make time for this show" to "I am not missing a fuckin episode next season!".

James

I've still only seen the first 4 eps of CGI Clone Wars. I've seen most of the Tartakovsky shorts, and I remember getting the same vibe I did from LTV-era Aeon Flux--lots of cool set pieces that didn't really tell a story.

I also read the first issue of the Kanan comic today on lunch (does that go here, the Star Wars thread or somewhere in the Comics threads? Fuck it.) It's basically "where were you when Order 66 went out?" and it's decent.

All in all, I'd rank Rebels 3rd of 4 on the Weisman showrunner scale (YJ->Gargoyles->Rebels->Spec Spidey) but if Spec Spidey is the worst show you've run, that's a pretty fine score.

I've still only seen the first 4 eps of CGI Clone Wars. I've seen most of the Tartakovsky shorts, and I remember getting the same vibe I did from LTV-era Aeon Flux--lots of cool set pieces that didn't really tell a story.

I also read the first issue of the Kanan comic today on lunch (does that go here, the Star Wars thread or somewhere in the Comics threads? Fuck it.) It's basically "where were you when Order 66 went out?" and it's decent.

All in all, I'd rank Rebels 3rd of 4 on the Weisman showrunner scale (YJ->Gargoyles->Rebels->Spec Spidey) but if Spec Spidey is the worst show you've run, that's a pretty fine score.

You really should check out Clone Wars again at some point. It had its weaker arcs, but got pretty good in the later seasons.

Guardians of the Galaxy renewed for a second season.  Also there will be an animated Marvel holiday special where the Avengers and other heroes have to team up to save Christmas and Santa Clause from Loki and Ymir.  Captain Marvel will make her Marvel Animated Universe debut in the series:

5616ce78410d4.jpg

off topic, but i feel like this is the proper home for this.

i was just at the local comic shop picking up this week's purchase. sitting on the counter were a number of he-man action figures. still sealed. i was looking at them, and the shop owner motioned towards a table behind me that was filled with more of the same. figures, accessories, playsets, you name it. all still sealed and in pretty damn good condition, considering. some even still had old price stickers on them. $4.99, wow! apparently some lady was cleaning out her house and getting rid of her son's stuff and sold these off. so much nostalgic nerd excitement.

sorry, no pics. and i didn't buy anything. it was just awesome to see.