DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

FWIW, the only games that were exclusive to the New 3ds models were Runbow, Fire Emblem Warriors, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, The Binding of Isaac Rebirth, Minecraft, the SNES virtual console stuff, and some various digital only titles of no real import or reputation.

They seemed to give up on the idea pretty damn quick.

Microsoft has announced that Outriders will hit Game Pass on April 1

Square Enix posted that if you have a pre-order and want it via Game Pass instead, you have to manually cancel your pre-order

Speaking of Square Enix and Gamepass, Octopath Traveler is coming to Gamepass after having been a Switch exclusive (and on my wishlist, but now I'll probably just play it on xbox instead.)

On 3/15/2021 at 2:23 PM, RIPPA said:

Microsoft has announced that Outriders will hit Game Pass on April 1

Square Enix posted that if you have a pre-order and want it via Game Pass instead, you have to manually cancel your pre-order

Outriders is Gears of War reimaged as a service game.  You can all skip it.

7 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Life is Strange: True Colors

Full game. Not being released episodically

Left out the best part, which is that LiS 1 and BtS are getting remastered releases. Hopefully there is a physical edition so I can add that to my LiS collection.

6 hours ago, JLSigman said:

For the two of us who are following Star Wars: The Old Republic, they talked about update 6.3 yesterday, and pretty much confirmed a hook into KOTOR and KOTOR II

I just hit the start of the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion this morning, God this is so good.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

Game won’t launch in March as previously stated, but will probably be out in late April.  It’s already been certified on both PlayStation and Xbox.

I was sorta hoping that it would be Dragon Age IV that copied the Climb & Kill The Boss mechanic from Dragon's Dogma.

DrinkBox Studios - the developer behind the Guacamelee! games - is working on a new game that will be premiered  at next week's Xbox indie showcase.  No details released, except that it's a new ip, not a sequel.  

Giant Bosses that you need to climb up before you can kill them? Shadow of the Colossus. Did it so well that most games don't dare try.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AxB said:

Giant Bosses that you need to climb up before you can kill them? Shadow of the Colossus. Did it so well that most games don't dare try.

It also does not help that Shadows is a gorgeous masterpiece of a game. 

Dragon's Dogma had a pretty good climb the boss system.  It was cool to watch the camera pan out to scale so you could appreciate just how big the thing was that you were trying to climb.