DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 9

Dolfan in NYC

Most of the NFL Network "top 10" shows lately have been crappy but last night was pretty good with "Top 10 Curses".  Most of them was pretty stupid but there were some funny ones:

1.  The bears have been cursed because they fired the Honey bears dancing team after 1985

2.  The Jets have been cursed because Joe Namath before Super Bowl 3 made a deal with the devil

3.  The Raiders have been cursed because Marcus Allen put a hex on Al Davis by freezing a picture of him in a container

4.  The entire city of Buffalo have been cursed because they shot president William McKinley a century ago

Didn't see that episode but my favorite football curse has always been the Pottsville Maroons cursing the Cardinals for cheating them out of the 1925 Championship. Of course, the Chicago Cards did win another title in 1947 so I guess it's not a curse in the strictest of senses. Then again, two titles total for a franchise founded in 1920 and a 65 year championship drought is some pretty good voodoo.

All ten of the Fox Sports guys working on the main set at once. Holy shit, they have way too many of these guys. Jimmy Johnson's a hell of a flanker.

There should be one involving the 72 Dolphins and how they won't win until the old men stop popping the champagne when the last team loses a game.

When they're all dead the curse may be lifted.

• Like 1

::Looks at Tom Brady:: ::Looks at his bank account:: ::Looks at his wife and family::

I think you can keep his man card Rob, he seems to be doing fine.

Vikings/Cowboys, Bills/Chiefs or punching myself in the face for the next 3 hours. Which is the best option?

Edit: Option 4, figure skating and MLS~!

Is it bad that I'm rooting for the Vikings due to them being no threat to the Packers and hating the Cowboys?

Rooting against Dallas out of pure spite is never wrong.

Rooting for them [as an otherwise neutral observer i.e. not a Cowboys fan], on the other hand, requires a note from your doctor or fantasy league commissioner citing your special situation.

The one problem with being at my Mom's is that my sister has laid claim to the one HD TV to watch the Jets game.

Thankfully I finally had convinced them last winter to get the sports package - so while it is in SD - I can at least watch Red Zone

If there were a Fantasy Points Poacher Hall Of Fame, Mike Tolbert would be in it.

Anthony Dixon is building a nice Poacher resume as well, swiping Frank Gore's rushing TDs since 2011