DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2013: WEEK 9

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, not all men are suit for facial hair/mustaches.

Meanwhile, I know you will all be shocked to hear this, but Justin Blackmon has been suspended indefinitely for violating the substance abuse policy.

I hope it was just for pot and nothing more serious (insert your jokes about needing to do drugs to play for the Jaguars) but now they are pretty much READY FOR TEDDY and all but locked to draft him next spring.

If you're feeling down about the drama in Miami, Jerry Jones treating the Landry family like crap or anything else NFL-related, here is something to cheer you up: Rob and Rex Ryan graduating from college oh so long ago.

Posted Image

This looks like some theology students receiving their degrees from a snake-oil preacher at his Shopping Center in Christ College.

• Like 3

The NFL has flexed the Broncos/Chiefs Week 11 game into prime time.

The game was originally supposed to be the Packers/Giants.

I know this is the first time a New York game has gotten flexed out because no matter how poorly they are doing, they still bring the ratings.

If you're feeling down about the drama in Miami, Jerry Jones treating the Landry family like crap or anything else NFL-related, here is something to cheer you up: Rob and Rex Ryan graduating from college oh so long ago.

Posted Image

Jesus they look like a cross between Weird Al Jankovic  and Roy Nelson  :blink:

Makes me wonder if Buddy had families in more than a few places.

The funny thing is with the Packers defense being... well, the Packers defense, I wouldn't be at all shocked if Giants/Packers is actually closer than Broncos/Chiefs. Not that I actually expect the Chiefs to just roll over. They run the ball a lot and lots of safe passes, which is a clock control offense, which is exactly the kind of thing that can at least slow the Broncos down.

Goes without saying you've got to get the Broncos/Chiefs game in the focus slot though, of course.

Even I don't mind that switch, Broncos/Chiefs is the most interesting thing going right now.

Besides, I always get much more nervous about prime time Packers games. I'll take a regular Sunday afternoon game, just one of many going on, where they can quietly do their thing.

Justin Blackmon was just suspended 'indefinitely'.  Looks like he failed a drug test. 

Hey, Titus and Darren, what has Justin Blackmon just pissed away any hope of getting because of his own god damn stupidity?

Posted Image

• Like 2

Justin Blackmon was just suspended 'indefinitely'.  Looks like he failed a drug test. 

Hey, Titus and Darren, what has Justin Blackmon just pissed away any hope of getting because of his own god damn stupidity?

Posted Image

Well I am off to drop him from my Fantasy Football team. Way to go dumb@$$

Even I don't mind that switch, Broncos/Chiefs is the most interesting thing going right now.

Besides, I always get much more nervous about prime time Packers games. I'll take a regular Sunday afternoon game, just one of many going on, where they can quietly do their thing.

Also the week 14 game could be the game that the Broncos or Chiefs lock up the AFC West since if the Chiefs lose wk11 but win wk14 Broncos would have two loses to the Chiefs one at that point.

John Fox was taken to the hospital after having symptoms of a heart attack.

Thankfully he's going to be as OK as you can be after experiencing such a thing.

Just as an update, it seems that he didn't have a heart attack, but they're still checking him out for everything.

He seems to be a good guy, hope he gets back on his feet with a good diagnosis.

Looks like no THAD tomorrow, so. I'm dropping any hopes for an upset since TUEL TIME will probably go worse for the Bills than TOOL TIME usually did for Tim Allen.

Goddamnit, each time I see THAD my head thinks "the" is in front of it and I am sorely disappointed. :-(

Looks like no THAD tomorrow, so. I'm dropping any hopes for an upset since TUEL TIME will probably go worse for the Bills than TOOL TIME usually did for Tim Allen.

Goddamnit, each time I see THAD my head thinks "the" is in front of it and I am sorely disappointed. :-(

My insane optimistic fandom thinks, "well at least he had some prep time" rather than being thrown to the wolves on national tv. Of course that's bullshit, but since this will be the first Bills game I can see at home for the first time in forever, I hope that can at least make it competitive.