DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

At the risk of sounding like a Rick Reilly article, you can't teach tough. No one ever gets to the NBA and suddenly says 'I'm gonna be an ass kicker'. Remember when Blake was in college and got a concussion from a dude barely grazing him on the nose? I have a feeling he is going to always have the soft label on him, fairly or unfairly. He doesn't help his cause by glowering after every dunk and getting under people's skin too.

He can at least pretend to be a miserable dude.  It works for Kendrick Perkins.  Perkins is a bitch, but he sure has a tough aura.  People used to label Dirk soft.  The only way to change perception is to do the things that people accuse you of not doing.  The problem with Blake is that I think he lacks that killer instinct that real winners have.

You don't have to teach Blake to be an ass kicker, bad ass, or tough guy but for fuck's sake teach him to stand up for himself. He doesn't need to turn into a big from the '92 Knicks but he does need to let people know that he wont take shit anymore. If Blake stands up for himself one time against a guy like Bogut or whomever he'll have a lot less problems with guys picking on him and trying him.

• Like 1

You don't have to teach Blake to be an ass kicker, bad ass, or tough guy but for fuck's sake teach him to stand up for himself. He doesn't need to turn into a big from the '92 Knicks but he does need to let people know that he wont take shit anymore. If Blake stands up for himself one time against a guy like Bogut or whomever he'll have a lot less problems with guys picking on him and trying him.

Exactly.  That could have made a HUGE difference in the Memphis series last year.  Z-Bo knew he owned him, and bullied him the whole series.

Poor Ranidel de Ocampo.

Edit: Okay, now this is when team ownership has gotten out of hand.

Ranidel Rozal de Ocampo (born December 8, 1981) is a professional basketball player in the Philippine Basketball Association. de Ocampo currently plays for the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters after he was traded by Air21 Express.

Poor Ranidel de Ocampo.

Edit: Okay, now this is when team ownership has gotten out of hand.

Ranidel Rozal de Ocampo (born December 8, 1981) is a professional basketball player in the Philippine Basketball Association. de Ocampo currently plays for the Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters after he was traded by Air21 Express.

I had to check what the logo looked like for the texters and was disappointed. It looked like something you'd get off the microsoft clipart drawings and not some dude texting while dunking.

So how long have I been missing the existence of the NBA Game Time app on PS3? Having the TV version of LP already means that it doesn't have much use for live games but it's a god send for watching the archived games. So much more convenient than running the video feed to my TV from my laptop/phone/tablet.

Cavs suspend Bynum indefinitely. He's done in Cleveland. Simmons thinks his end-game is going to the Clippers or Heat. Windhorst mentioned Cavs won't just release him on Jan. 7th if they don't find an ideal trade since his 2nd year isn't guaranteed, so he'd be an expiring contract.

Clips would tip the scale on the crazy-guy-meter adding Bynum. I'd worry about chemistry issues since Bynum is a diva. Might be a better fit with the Heat were he can sit next to Oden.

Absolutely pathetic.  I'd bust my ass if my employer offered me an extra $24K incentive, meanwhile Bynum can't even be motivated for $24M.  Hopefully the Clippers or Miami don't reward him for his shitty attitude, though I guess there's no way in hell he'd make even close to that on either team.

The Cavs would probably be best off keeping the expiring contract compared to the ballrack he's worth in trade value at this point. They'll need free agent cap room as retail therapy for when LeBron inevitably stays in Miami/goes somewhere else.